Title Length

donald22

Hi, I have just noticed that when listing a new site the title needs to be a minimum of 25 characters and I can't find where to shorten it?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Mininmum? shorten?
You mean maximum and shorten i suppose?

in that case you can add to almost every template tag a length parameter to limit the text displayed, like
{$title, length=120}
which displays max. 120 chars

cajkan

Hello Donald22,

As Basti said you can use lenght tag, but you dont need to worry about this.
Into search results if title is already too big Google automaticly truncates the text.

So even if user title is " BEST " = 4 characters, into details page will be {$title} - {$list_name}
Hope this helps

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I am away at the moment on a mobile device and cannot confirm, but check the join form template and you should see the limits.

Also looks like I will need to patch the error message style for 1.1

donald22

This is the only code in the join_form template I could see that's relevant to title, what bit do I change?

<div class="{$error_style_title}">
<label for="join_title">{$lng->g_title}</label>
<input type="text" name="title" value="{$title}" id="join_title" class="in1"/>
{$error_title}
</div>

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
None of that, it would be in the JavaScript near the top if it is indeed in that template.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Nope the javascript error doesnt have such message. The error message is coming from our php validation functions.
Do you have custom plugins? Looks like a plugin is applied to check for title length

donald22

That seems to have done the trick, I must have got it from the plug in section as thats where I got them all.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like i gave you that plugin, as i have the same on my pc ( but not here on the forum anywhere ). So it was a request by you

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
that is definitely not a plugin from our plugin section :) must have been something you requested and Basti helped you with.