AffiliateTracker

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
VERSION 1.2#

This plugin tracks member referrals. When a visitor clicks a button on one your members sites, then joins your VisioList that will count as a "referral". Referrals for each member are linked from the members stats page.

to install, download the zip attached, then upload the zip through the plugins manager in your VisioList admin panel.

this is the fist version of this as a plugin and will be extended in the future:

planned features
- integration into userCP points

Updates
18.11.2011 - Top referrals displayed in wrapper
25.03.2012 - Turn on / off via admin plugin manager
04.10.2012 - unique link code for members to use in email marketing
06.06.2012 - Top referrers in sidebar link fixed

Languages
- English, German

feedback / ideas are welcomed

Attachments

Karl

Hi this will not install via the upload plugin or by uploading directly to the plugin folder have tried it on two sites with the same result.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I had the files in a folder in the original zip, this has been corrected and will install smoothly now :) Thanks Karl

Karl

Thanks it seems to be working now.
Just to confirm the referrals are counted from the normal link and button code the users add to their site?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks it seems to be working now.
Just to confirm the referrals are counted from the normal link and button code the users add to their site?
That is correct.

Iin the near future this will be updated to also offer a referral URL for use in emails and from 3rd party websites. Something like yourdomain.com/?ref=someone

Anna

Works like a charm (All though there were some wtf...? moments until I found out where to look! ^^

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
once you upload it through the plugins page it just works, there is nothing to configure and nothing you need to do :) The readme would be in the first post if it was necessary but it this case its very simple mod at this stage.

leonor

License Active
ah okay i see it now in the members stats page :)
i found this nice visiolist page with a referrals script, look on the left after the ads. toplist-100.de
And then klick on a name, i was thinking this plugin will do the same :p

sorry for my bad english :(

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Thats a list of a friend of mine, i extended the plugin to that stage ( the same as the old aardvark mod ). Ill post an update for this plugin this weekend :)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, this plugin is updated.

Update notes:
- Simply upload plugin through Admin -> Plugins again. Dont press the delete button, that would also delete database entries.
( Simply Uploading Plugin again will overwrite files )
Alternatively you can also unzip the plugin and overwrite the plugin files on your ftp

If anything goes wrong let us know

Anna

My primary focus right now is to grow my list and I had this idea to use referals -->Premium Membership so that for each referal = 1 week of PM. But then I need to be able to track this somehow and reset after each time or maybe each month. Is this possible? Hows it going with the development of userCP points?

leonor

License Active
i like the idea from Anna, but i only want to have it like that.
Referals get x days PM, The Visiolist send me and the Costumer a E-Mail for Adding Premium days.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
If someone would like to test, here is a small update:

- added ability to track referrals using distinct URL
- added new box to link code to offer the new URL (edit the plugins language file to alter the text)

Attachments

Anna

OK, how, where, when? Nah, not really when - but I can not see where I go to use it. And if there is no where as it was before with affiliate tracker - how do I use it? I have looked around all different possible angles I think without getting any ideas. Blaming that I am kind of stressed out this morning.... ^^

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Anna, the new referral URL is visible in the user_cp -> link code. I could think of no more logical place to put it :)

Anna

OK found it now - might have been a glitch in uploading - because I did not see it yesterday.

Anna

Well, I shouted too soon ^^ I uploaded wrong plugin (the old one) and when I uploaded right one I got two affiliates in the sidebar. Simple enough to correct. But when I tried to fix it and remove it I instead got an http 500 error. Any idea what I did to cause this? I was only in the plugin section trying to delete the extra affiliate plugin.

I dont know if we are thinking on this in different ways - but when clicking the link (...?ref=Anna) I only get transferred to the mainpage. I dont get any hitsIn on my account by using the link. Is this as intended?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
error 500 you will need to look at your server error log, that is an internal error. Sounds like your host might have some restrictions about PHP scripts deleting files?

Yes we cannot track that as a hit in from your site (because its not), only the referrer is tracked.

to recap:
- Any user who clicks in from your website will have you as a referrer automatically, there is no need for the ?ref=user if they come direct from your site
- Any user who clicks in from your website will count as a hit in (normal operation)
- Any user who clicks a ?ref=user link will only have the referrer tracked. This is to allow referral links in emails and on 3rd party websites, due to the extremely high potential for abuse these links will not count as hits in.