Facebook

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
VERSION 1.2#

This is the start of an ongoing bigger project. Please report any bugs you may encounter.

Features
  • Facebook like button integrated into the social block on the members stats page.
  1. Turn it on / off
  2. Choose the like url -> members stats page or his website url.
  • Facebook comments for the members stats page.
  1. Turn it on / off
  2. Moderate them on the page or on facebook ( if logged into facebook ).
  3. Define number of comments, width of the comments
  • New Sites advertised on your facebook fan page
  1. Turn it on / off
  2. Members title, description, category and #3, 4 are posted to your Fan Page
  3. Define a custom message caption
  4. Define a custom small image to post on facebook
  5. The link will point to your members stats page
Some of these features require you to setup a application on facebook, you can find instructions on that part in your admin settings.

Updates
25.03.2012 - Now posts to Fan page instead of profile as requested.
22.06.2012 - System email you once you need to extend the token again
13.11.2012 - System dont stop emailing you after token expired. Fixed, email also only happen now if feature is turned on. Once date > expiration, system deactivates feature
10.02.2013 - Access token dont need to be extended in time anymore. Allow one time and thats it

Required Visiolist Version
0.9 and above. Versions below are not tested and may lead to unexpected results.

Languages
- English, German

Attachments

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Thats why i would like to keep facebook out of this script :) Send admin login for your topsite via pm to verify.

Anna

Is there a way to double-check that the "Newest Member" feature works before a new member actually joins? I did everything it said in the instruction but when I wanted to save I got an error message.
And how do I add social buttons to the general ranking s ite (not the personal site) as showed in the demo?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to double-check that the "Newest Member" feature works before a new member actually joins? I did everything it said in the instruction but when I wanted to save I got an error message.
What do you mean? Why shouldnt newest member dont work?
what is the error?

And how do I add social buttons to the general ranking s ite (not the personal site) as showed in the demo?
That is currently in the latest twitter release, dont ask me why mark added all 3 buttons to the twitter plugin :p
Will be seperated into their corresponding plugins when we release 0.7

Anna

When I press "Allow access" I get an error message and a request to try again later. So I am not sure it worked or not.

Uploading Twitter worked like a charm! Thanks for the tip! Had not got that far yet.... ^^

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Did you do as stated?

Click save settings, then return to facebook settings and click allow permissions
If you did, it properbly is an temp error on facebooks site

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
That is currently in the latest twitter release, dont ask me why mark added all 3 buttons to the twitter plugin :p
Will be seperated into their corresponding plugins when we release 0.7
hmm that file with all 3 buttons was not supposed to be posted with the twitter plugin, I just put that file together quickly for a future release ;) BUT that file should probably be in its own plugin (instead of separated out into 3 parts with the other plugins) that way it will be easier to control the style and display order etc.

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
I have a question about the auto facebook announcement like on the attached pic. How can I change it?
Even I replaced the fb_avatar.jpg picture with my own I still see Visiolist fb_avatar instead of mine.

Attachments

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Existing postings will not update ofcourse. New ones after you change the pictures should update. Try clearing your cache before you try it out.

Btw. with 0.7 Beta this plugin has changed to post to your facebook fan page instead of profile. Makes a little more sense as suggested by a few members.

I should add, this is the same with the Twitter app..... when used on the main ranking page.

Works as should when tweeted from the stats page.

Maybe this is something to do with the coding in the social buttons grouping on the twitter plugin?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I have discovered that bug too. Has been fixed for the 0.7 beta release ( as used plugin will need to be redownloaded ). Once release we update the plugin zips on here

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
As of the 0.7 Beta release this plugin recieved its update as well. It now posts to your facebook fanpage instead of profile, as requested several times.
You may want to read the tutorial again http://visiolist.com/community/threads/how-to-create-your-facebook-application.11/

What you need to do is reupload the plugin through plugin manager and it will update itself including the database entires.
If uploaded through ftp, please click the install icon afterwards.
Then check the turtorial again

If you dont see a date in the expiration field after saving facebook setting, you may did something wrong

If you are really unsure delete your current plugin and then install this one and refollow the tutorial.

Planned future update: Make the system email you once you need to extend the token again

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Plugin Update: System email you once you need to extend the facebook token again. Once you are 5 days before the expire date, it sends you a mail once a day until you extend the token again, or authorize your application again ( if the 60 days are reached )

Simply download and upload through plugin manager

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
How many days until it expire Mark? If its 60 days already it wouldnt extend ofcourse.
If its just a few days ill need to install and test again. Who knows what facebook is up to again

Uninstalled, reinstalled, filled out everything and save. Came back and clicked Allow Permissions. No token.

Access Token :: Filled out by "Allow Permission"
Expiration date: 2012-09-06 07:19:43