Elegant Join

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
VERSION 1.2#

This plugin creates a "step 1" to the join forms.

The user is prompted for their website URL first. Once submitted, the plugin attempts to grab the page title and meta tags and pre-populate the next phase of the join form with the sites title and description.

Updates
16.12.2011 - Plugin integrated into the existing account join form in the user control panel
03.11.2013 - Incompatibility fix with Terms and possible other plugins which adds fields to join form

Languages
- English, German

Attachments

dario85

MCraftCore,MCraftCourse & MCraftSpleef Owner
Once I added this to my site it appears to stop the Terms box showing during sign up.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Odd, ill give this lookthrough once i have access to ftp again to verify if the same happens on our dev list.

Karl

Would it be possible for this plugin to check the database for an existing site and stop the submission process at this point?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Havent tried in a long time, but if you, on the first step, submit a url already listed, then it shows the error on that step. I think at least, will need to confirm this

Anna

Might have found a minor bug. Not sure though if it is part of the plugin or the join-system alltogether:
When I try to add a second webpage from the control panel and have filled in all necessary things the is just an empty box to click to register my page. No text at all. The button works though.

Oh, and there is no long description box in there....

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Long description, yea current version is only for the main join form.

No text on button, looks like you miss a language phrase. Search in admin language editor for join_header
That is the phrase used on the button

autosurf

It seems to me that there is a small bug on this plugin ...

If you add a field "Join Manage Fields"
the field is not present on the page on the second page of "join" ^ ^

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Can you confirm that when you disable this plugin, your custom join field works normal?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
A small update to go with the latest patch for 1.0. Nothing major, but will correct a few design issues who came up after the patch. A simple overwrite ( upload via admin plugin manager is enough )

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Update 1.2
Fixes a incompatibility with terms and possible other plugins. This plugin called the join form template before other plugins could be included. Strongly advised to update, simply reupload