update from aardvark problems

cr33p228

bought script
i want to clean install, so i just extract all zip to my localhost machine and import my old database, set all in settings_sql.php and want to install but! when i click 'yes' to update, nothing happens, and, i don't put to my local machine all the old files, as i said, i want clean install without any other files that no longer needed.

so maybe that's the problem ? or maybe something else ?
Screenshot 2013-11-16 14.54.28.png

cr33p228

even when i tried to do as in manual
just lame replace all the files and run install then i can't update because starts only fresh install.

cr33p228

in php error log i see that
Code:
[16-Nov-2013 10:05:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Database error in &quot;<b>/Users/anon/Sites/mysupertop.com/install/update.php</b>&quot; on line <b>437</b><br /><br />
Table 'atop2.ats_langs' doesn't exist in /Users/anon/Sites/mysupertop.com/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, looks like the script stops when it reached the point to create the language table, skips it and then fails where it requires the table for the next step. Just a guess though.

Could you do me a favor and check if the following has been applied to your database? Will help isolate the problem

Table: ats_categories
column name exist?: cat_description and cat_keywords

Also you said nothing happens when you click "yes", does that mean the page simply refresh? Or the link itself doesnt load anything at all? ( would be very strange )
Might have something to do with localhost, not sure here, never used localhost testing
What does the url says when you hover over "yes" ?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Mark was sleeping at 3am on a Friday ;) of course you dont hear back.

sounds like your encountering permissions problems, I see in your screenshot you are using DSO PHP handler.

Try this:

chmod 777 languages folder
chmod 666 all files in languages folder

try run the installer again.

OR switch your server to FastCGI or suPHP handler so will also be able to use plugin manager, skin editor etc without needing to chmod all the files.

cr33p228

at my localhost i already have all 777 permissions to all files/folders
problem with updating database
i think script can't find some table
check out my vid i sent u

cr33p228

[16-Nov-2013 10:05:13 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Database error in &quot;<b>/Users/anon/Sites/mysupertop.com/install/update.php</b>&quot; on line <b>437</b><br /><br />
Table 'atop2.ats_langs' doesn't exist in /Users/anon/Sites/mysupertop.com/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

cr33p228

can you send me FTP login? I will do the update/conversion for you
i need not just update, after conversion i need some custom changes is templates
i can send u my sql dump instead, so u can update and send it back 2 me

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
that is a lot more work for me, please setup a test installation instead so i can just login and run the installer.

cr33p228

that is a lot more work for me, please setup a test installation instead so i can just login and run the installer.
i need just conversion to visiolist all other changes i do by myself
thats basically same as if u sent u ftp details

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to see the problem in your environment, if I work with only the DB you could still have problems (not to mention I am working on a laptop on the road).

I want to not only get you updated but also ensure we dont have a bug in our updater, incase we do it needs to be fixed.

please duplicate your DB and send me FTP login where I can run the installers on your server so I can duplicate the error and figure out why its happening.

cr33p228

I would like to see the problem in your environment, if I work with only the DB you could still have problems (not to mention I am working on a laptop on the road).

I want to not only get you updated but also ensure we dont have a bug in our updater, incase we do it needs to be fixed.

please duplicate your DB and send me FTP login where I can run the installers on your server so I can duplicate the error and figure out why its happening.
check you PM please

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Just to clear things up. Your error log is because you tried running update.php instead of index.php. That is for updating vl to another vl version, hence your error with the language table

So what remains is that the link to upgrade simple not work for you, for whatever reason. So typing /install/?upgrade=1 change anything?

cr33p228

i tried both method, Mark i just sent u my sql dump just try do update
i can guarantee that u can't do so i don't know why, maybe updater for vl to vl, or something but i tried everything