Website Reviews?

clixcity

License Active
Do website reviews work? I see a way in the admin to be notified of new reviews before being added and such but I don't see any way to review a listing on a users info page...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
That feature is disabled on frontend, cause its just used by spammers anyway. Might be recoded in the future, but for now no plans. Would choose disqus plugin or facebook plugin ( comments )

clixcity

License Active
Ah... I've heard of discus before... I'll try that. ( Not to keen on Facebook :) )

Thank you.

clixcity

License Active
Oh my Gosh! it IS free... I guess I should scroll down a little on their site and I would have seen that.

Heh.. Heh-Heh.. er, sorry.

clixcity

License Active
Disqus is free to use...
Thanks for pokin' me again. I now have Disqus on my site. :)
This is even better because now I don't have to worry about deleting comments from one admin before I delete a user from another admin etc,.. etc...

Thank you @cajkan !!

clixcity

License Active
any ideas what I can use for the PAGE_URL and PAGE_IDENTIFIERs? I want different discussions for different stats.html pages. I've searched Disqus website all day and found a bunch of answers for things like Wordpress and Joomla but nothing for just HTML. Any ideas? I can't find a forum answer over there. Right now I just have it //* commented. */ hoping that it will create different discussions per page but I'm kinda insecure about it. Any help is appreciated. I'm sorry, I know that this isn't the Disqus site. I'm not trying to be rude.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Did you install our Disqus plugin?

clixcity

License Active
**SMACKS FORHEAD** Disqus plugin??

You're like the Google Play Store... "There's an app for that..."

I'll go and look.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Where do I find the Ranking File?
The docs in that plugin thread for that function are not clear, can you try adding the tag to table_top_row and table_row templates and see if it shows comment count? if so, I will update the plugin docs for clarity.

clixcity

License Active
OK, I inserted {$disqus_comments_count} into those two files in different positions but it made no change at all when I try to view it on any page of my site, sorry.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
And you have actual comments for some members? If so, those members should have the number of comments shown in their ranking box wherever you out the tag

its been years since I’ve looked into this tho so I could be mistaken, or this function may not work any more.

clixcity

License Active
LOL... Oh god I'm so dumb ... I'm sorry man, I didn't even think about that. I have exactly ZERO comments on my site.