VisioList 1.0

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
First, thanks to everyone who helped test and ensure the initial Visiolist 1.0 installs and updates nicely and is relatively bug free (we squashed all we could find).

VisioList 1.0 is another major milestone for the project, adding several new features and cleaning up some long overdue issues. We are pleased with how things are going and look forward to an exciting burst in development activity for the remainder of 2013.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE DOWNLOADING THE BUNDLE:

Fresh Install Instructions
http://visiolist.com/docs/Installing-visiolist

Update Instructions Method 1 - Not recommended for this upgrade but it will work:
- Take a backup of your files and database in case something goes wrong
- Upload and replace all the files from the update bundle ( VisioList-UPGRADE1.0.zip ) via FTP and run yoursite.com/install/update.php from your browser

----------------------------------------------------

Update Instructions Method 2 - Fresh And Clean Upgrade *Recommended*
(despite the long, detailed instructions, this method is very easy, keeps your site files organized and has big security benefits, for those reasons this is my favorite method for major updates like this one where nearly every file has been modified)

- Take a backup of your files and database in case something goes wrong

- Upload a temporary index.php file to show your visitors that the site is being worked on.

Login with FTP
/skins/ - rename to skins_OLD
/images/ - rename to images_OLD

delete everything other than:

index.php
settings_sql.php
settings_buttons.php
button_config.php
/banners/
/cache/
/plugins/
/screens/
/languages/english.php (and any other languages you might use)
* any other files you have personally added

* the renaming of the /skins/ and /images/ folder is so you can reintegrate changes in your child themes and your images while still being able to use any new images included in the new version. more on this soon.

download the zip below ( VL1.0-Fresh.zip ), extract files, and upload to your server taking care not to overwrite the files listed above.

run the update script at yourdomain.com/install/update.php

now copy your /images_OLD/ folder back into /images/, this will overwrite the default images and get all of your buttons back in place.

re-integrate your skin templates by copying your /child/ folder into /skins/parabola/
(this is why all template edits should be made in a child theme)

replace the user.css file in skins/parabola/ with skins_OLD/parabola/user.css to re-integrate your CSS overrides.

upload index.php from fresh bundle overwriting your temporary file which alerted users about the upgrade.

If you have added any other javascript or css you will need to ensure those files are in place. If you are customizing templates you will need to compare against the core to ensure you are not missing any new tags and changes.

Finally, check over all your plugins to ensure they are current. If you have any errors after upgrading be sure and disable all plugins to help isolate the cause.

if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. Please provide clear errors, and steps to reproduce to help us maximize our support efforts :)

Here is a small list of some of the changes made in 1.0
- update to Jquery 1.9
- Update to Jquery UI 1.10
- removed old fancybox and jquery UI from parabola
- upgraded superfish
- added search by email to manage members
- added unlimited static button uploads to /images/extra/* link code is automatically generated
- edit premium banner path from admin
- stronger security on premium buy function to help prevent cheaters
- redirect added when user has only 1 site (user cp -> edit : no need to choose domain)
- Admin WYSIWYG editor for custom pages etc has been updated. this fixed several issues
- removed jplot in favor of Google chart
- invalid user stats/details/ pages and invalid custom pages now return proper 404 http status
- added in/out chart to user_cp home
- improved user_cp menu
- added drop down usercp menu to username
- made usercp menu global when logged in
- added price confirmation to premium checkout
- added optional cache settings to .htaccess

- Added SMTP sending option
-- Configured at Admin -> settings -> Other Settings
-- Used on Admin -> Email members

Open Issues / Bugs: NONE

Attachments

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Patch release which fixed all currently reported issue in forum topics or privately discussed. Anyone already installed 1.0 or updated to 1.0, its stronly advised to apply this patch.
Its quick and only takes 1-2 min.

Step 1: open skins/YOUR_SKIN/user_cp_main_menu.html
Code:
  <li><a href="{$list_url}/{$url_helper_a}details{$url_helper_u}{$username}{$url_tail}">{$lng->stats_header}</a></li>
Please change to
Code:
  <li><a href="{$list_url}/{$url_helper_a}details{$url_helper_u}{$wrapper_username}{$url_tail}">{$lng->stats_header}</a></li>
Step 2: open skins/YOUR_SKIN/wrapper.html
Code:
<div class="pagination">{$multiple_pages_p}{$multiple_pages_links}{$multiple_pages_n}</div>
Please change to
Code:
<div class="pagination"><ul>{$multiple_pages_p}{$multiple_pages_links}{$multiple_pages_n}</ul></div>
Step 3: Download and upload the patch attached to this topic. All files in there have to be overwritten

The post #1 zips will be update also with this in a few minutes.

Attachments

neometal

Hello i do this and i have again this bug in admin

Warning: file_get_contents() [function.file-get-contents]: Couldn't resolve host name in /home/myname/public_html/myname/sources/admin.php on line 213

Warning: file_get_contents(http://visiolist.com/version.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: operation failed in /home/myname/public_html/myname/sources/admin.php on line 213

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/myname/public_html/myname/sources/admin.php:213) in /home/myname/public_html/myname/sources/misc/skin.php(351) : eval()'d code on line 74

can you help me please thank you

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Do you still have it? Mark was moving our servers yesterday/this morning so it might been that

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well error means host (site) is not reachable. It works over here, so dunno what exactly is up. Until it also works for you again, you can supress the error like this
sources/admin.php
Code:
      $latest_version = file_get_contents('http://visiolist.com/version.txt');
to
Code:
      $latest_version = @file_get_contents('http://visiolist.com/version.txt');

neometal

it's ok now thank you i change the code! i have one other question please it's normal i don't have the news version Your version: 0.9
Latest version:
VisioList Website

i don't have nothing after Latest Version

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Another small bug fix for you all, nothing major, but better do.
skins/your_skin/gateway.html
Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.4.4.min.js"></script>
Needs to be
Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery-1.9.1.js"></script>

Anna

My dear fiance tried to update our lists tonight and got it to work on the 2 smaller ones. The larger and most edited one got an Error 500 php though. He is still investigating, but was wondering if you guys had a spontanous idea about what may have caused this?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
error 500 is apache internal server error, that is usually caused by file/group ownership but your error log will provide exact details.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Please check your error log. Just logged into a test list and the latest version is showing.

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
I've updated it, all errors I corrected its just not showing that the new version has been installed.

I've got that line in source/admin.php
Code:
$phpversion = phpversion();
    if (ini_get('allow_url_fopen')) {
      $latest_version = file_get_contents('http://visiolist.com/version.txt');
    }
    else {
      $latest_version = '?';
    }

$TMPL['admin_content'] .= "{$LNG['a_main_your']}: {$TMPL['version']}<br />{$LNG['a_main_latest']}: {$latest_version}<br />\n<a href=\"http://visiolist.com\">{$LNG['a_main_new']}</a><br /><br />";