VisioList 0.7 Final

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone. Below is the patched / improved 0.7 version. As always report bugs you may encounter.

Fresh Install Instructions
As usual. http://visiolist.com/docs/Installing-visiolist
New step
After filling in your database info you will be presented with a list of languages. You are at least required to import english. If your site runs a language other than english, you will need to import english + your desired language. This is because english is the core language and fills up missing phrases if your languages miss something.

Update Instructions

0.1) GENERATE A FULL BACKUP OF YOUR FILES AND DATABASE
1) Replace everything on your ftp with the files in the update bundle
1.1 ) if you use "parabola" skin with changes made to the html, or a different skin, read the following and apply the changes instead replacing parabola folder.
http://visiolist.com/docs/VisioList-0-7-Version-Info
2) Run yoursite.com/install/update.php
3) If you update from VL 0.6 and below, redownload the plugins you have in use from the forum ( no need for the default plugins included in the bundle, just the others )
This was a required step in the 0.6 -> 0.7 beta 1 process

A few of the additions
- Screenshots real time process generation: You will be presented with the screens you try to generate, with a option to reload if it gets blank
- Language Importer from 0.7 Beta 2 integrated into admin + Add Phrase is fixed
- If your language is not english, you most likely have many missing translated phrases. Once a updated language pack is released, simply re-import to have a few or even all missing phrases added to your list.
- Added admin user description length setting
- premium banner max width, height from admin settings are now respected from the upload form
- Premium list in Sidebar: Set how many to list + Order (premium start date - latest at top - or by circling troough listed one in random order ) in admin settings
- Join, edit page now correctly show users category choice in dropdown
- A better Vote button on the stats page
- several corrections from the beta releases

If we did not catch/fixed all bugs reported before, please bare with us :) Give us a reminder in the support tickets

Attachments

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all small fix for people who installed fresh.

Somehow the lang tag "main_all" is wrong.

So please if you use english language search in admin-> manage languages for "main_all" and update the definition to "All Sites"
Cheers

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
If you installed 0.6 and are now ready to update to 0.7 here is a patch update file.

1) download the attached file.
2) extract the update.php
3) upload it to /install/ and overwrite the original update.php
4) point your browser to yoursite.com/install/update.php

And that should do it.

Attachments

gsharpe1964

Hi Mark,

I've not upgraded as yet as i'm too frightened that i'll cock things up if i do, however the update you posted above, seems pretty easy, so all i need to do is those 4 steps and i'll be upgraded to 0.7 ??
will i still keep all my colors, format etc

I might have a bash if its really that easy :confused:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
well fear not :) take a backup via Cpanel before you begin and even if you cock things up your just a couple of clicks away from being back where you started.

You need to follow the steps outlined by Basti in the first post. My steps are only for those who installed 0.6 as their first version and the upgrade does not go smooth, in that case you should use the patched file I posted above.

If you like, feel free to start a private conversation with me including your FTP/Cpanel login and I can do the upgrade for you over the weekend at no charge. This was a rather big update and its important, so I dont mind helping out and making sure everything goes well.

gsharpe1964

Thanks Mark, i'll get the Cpanel details and Password sent to you whats the best method?? PM or email.

from what i said earlier I installed 0.6 as my first version and really wanted to do 0.7 cos it was better with the screen shots, i was a bit dissapointed with the black screens all the time :(

I tried to run the update when i copied the file to my cpanel and got this error

Warning: require_once(../settings_sql.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/forumtop/public_html/update.php on line 37

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../settings_sql.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php/ZendGdata-1.11.0/library') in /home2/forumtop/public_html/update.php on line 37

Best i leave it to you mate

PM or email for the Login ??

Cheers

Gerry

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
I installed final fresh version but I have problem with adding new sites. I have problem with password. It is informing me:
An error was found in your submission. Please correct this error below.
and showing password as an error.

Also I can't change anything in admin like general info, ranking, etc. Looks like connection problem to database. but that is strange as I can see tables in mysql after installation.
error i have when I want to change something:
Code:
Fatal error: Database error in "/homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/sources/admin/settings.php(756) : eval()'d code" on line 16

Unknown column 'facebook_app_id' in 'field list' in /homepages/46/d339036285/htdocs/votezone/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Morus

ok, found the error. I had to install all plugins again via panel.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, you made a fresh install with all plugins already included, hence causing an error when they want to connect to the database fields which are not there because its a fresh install

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
My first guess would be the terms plugin. Password is just fine, it always resets when there was an error.

What skin you use? Does it have the terms template? And make sure your join form template has all the needed tags as seens in parabola join_form.html
Most likely something is missing

Morus

it must be something with plugins, I will delete them all and add it 1 by 1.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
There are a few candidates. diable all before you delete them.
If it still not work, you might miss one of the captcha template codes in your skin

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, one of us will post it tomorrow. We were both short on time again the last 2 weeks, but its about time