Resource icon

SEO Plugin 1.5.1

No permission to download

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Mark submitted a new resource:

SEO Plugin - A little extra SEO love for your VisioList

This is the start of a larger ongoing project.
For now this plugin adds the following abilities

1. Input meta description and keywords from the VisioList admin panel. Used on pages except categories, stats pages. For categires edit any category and input your description and keywords
2. Adds you main description above the rankings. Used as a little intro text
3. Adds Category name + description to category pages

Future release will create dynamic keyword and descriptions for most pages based...
Read more about this resource...

drennekamp

Does not work on version 1.2.
I installed the plugin. No problems with the installation. I filled out the description and keywords in the settings and got the following on ever page:
<meta name="description" content=""/>
<meta name="keywords" content=""/>
The content fields are never populated.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Does not work on version 1.2.
I installed the plugin. No problems with the installation. I filled out the description and keywords in the settings and got the following on ever page:
<meta name="description" content=""/>
<meta name="keywords" content=""/>
The content fields are never populated.
hmm it seems to be working on my 1.2 list, I'll do some testing this afternoon. Did your description and keywords save when you look now at admin settings?
what is your URL?

drennekamp

Thank you for your quick replay, Mark. I thought that maybe it was a theme related issue but the problem exists on all themes including the default (parabola). I also uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin. I am using SEO plugin version 1.4.

Last edited:

drennekamp

And yes, the description and keywords save fine in admin settings. The database data just don't get inserted into the pages.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
no problem, nice list and great idea!

So when you visit your admin panel and view settings, is your description and keywords showing up in the field.

----- posted at the same time :) investigating now

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm very odd, make sure this is present in wrapper.html

<meta name="description" content="{$meta_description}"/>
<meta name="keywords" content="{$meta_keywords}"/>

if that is in place, feel free to start a private conversation with me providing FTP and admin login and I can investigate.

drennekamp

I agree, it is odd... I can edit the wrapper directly and insert the SEO information if needed. Everything else about the board, well once my screenshot API gets approved, including all other plugins work as expected.

<--- copied from wrapper.html --->
<meta name="description" content="{$meta_description}"/>
<meta name="keywords" content="{$meta_keywords}"/>
<--- end paste --->

Thank you for trying, Mark.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
well the problem with manually inserting into wrapper is then you end up with all pages having duplicate meta description which is no good.

Check your inbox, I approved your API key 5 min ago ;)

drennekamp

Got it... API works perfectly. Thank you. I will start a private conversation shortly regarding the SEO issue.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your report, your SEO plugin is working good now.

problem was:

- Default "Category" had no description or keywords added, that returned an empty value for the site wide template tags.

Solution:

- admin -> settings -> skins and categories -> edit
Once description and keywords were added everything started working normal.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
You can edit the formatting of this by editing the template files in this plugin:
- /Seo/main_welcome.html
- /Seo/category_welcome.html

Empty all contents from these 2 files to prevent the on page optimization.

mwhite21

In regards to entering keywords - how are they separated? Is it by comma?

keyword1,keyword2,keyword3,etc...
or
keyword1
keyword2
keyword3
etc...

Thanks for your reply =)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes meta keywords are supposed to be seperated by comma.
Keywords can be, well, a keyword, so just one word. Or a phrase of text "my super keeyword, hey this another keyphrase".

orrden

Notice: Undefined index: site_description in /xxxx/xxxxx/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php(230) : eval()'d code on line 2

Notice: Undefined index: keywords in /xxxx/xxxxx/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php(230) : eval()'d code on line 4

Those show up in the settings tab at the top of the screen.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Notice: Undefined index: site_description in /xxxx/xxxxx/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php(230) : eval()'d code on line 2

Notice: Undefined index: keywords in /xxxx/xxxxx/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php(230) : eval()'d code on line 4
Those show up in the settings tab at the top of the screen.
Hello, you should be able to set the keywords and description from that settings page, once set that notice should not be displayed again.

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
SEO 1.4 version plugin is not working with VL core 1.5
I've updated the corrected one version with new as 1.5 description

Attachments