questions about reset

oly1993

Hello,

I have the toplist set to monthly, but what is the exact date that it reset?
I also saw file called 'cron.php', do i have to put that file in the cronjob of directadmin?

The top 5 wins prices, is there a way to see the 5 winners?
Like a top 5 of the last month.

We will official start on 1 december, so it's important.

Best regards,
oly1993

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
List will reset at midnight servertime, so if you are in a different timezone, you will want to adjust the time offset in admin settings. See here for bit more detail explaination http://visiolist.com/community/threads/time-offset-from-your-server-in-hours.677/

The cron.php is a better option, as its more accurate in resetting the list. If you want to use it, you would need to add this to your settings_sql.php file
Code:
$CONF['cron'] = 1;
And then you would need to setup a cron job in direct admin which points to the cron.php of your list ( You may need to ask your host about what exactly you need to put in the path for the cron job ). And set it to run monthly at midnight. Note timeoffset setting in admin has no effect with a real cron job, so you would either need to adjust the cron run time or keep it server time

oly1993

I've tried to open cron.php, but nothing happens. All stats are same as before.

Is it also possible to make a new table in phpmyadmin for the top 5 winners?
And in wich file can i add the insert / update query?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, of course you can make a new database table to store top 5 winners, for this you would want to make a custom plugin rather than hacking a PHP file direct.

There are many possible hook locations you could use for this, it all depends how you want to code it. Dive in! :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
no problem we do offer custom PHP development upon request, looking at $50 for that one.

send paypal to admin@oswebhosting.com and we will have this done within 24 hours for you.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I've tried to open cron.php, but nothing happens. All stats are same as before.
You cant simply call cron.php via browser. That would be really unsafe ;)

Nothing resets because today list has been reset already. Its a stored database value ( day of the year as number )