Time offset from your server (in hours)

''''''''pauline

Hi Everyone,

In admin settings/ other /Time offset from your server (in hours), what do I put in this field it's currently set to zero.

Thanks,
Pauline

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This is only relevant if your server is in a different timezone. You may want the list to reset midnight your timezone. But if the server is 6 hours behind your timezone the list would reset 6 hours to early. Set it to 6 to fix it.
Same if your server is ahead of you 6 hours, you would write -6 ( reset 6 hours ealier = your timezone )

''''''''pauline

Thank You, I thought it was a server thing. My server is in the US and I'm in Australia, my server is 14 hours behind me so I would set it at -14, got it.

Great support.

Pauline

proxydesign

Visiolist-Fan
Good, I didnt noticed this before now...What is the timezone set to for standard? The clock is now 03:26 AM in Norway...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Timezone depends on where your server is.
Might be a good idea to place the current server time next to the input

Make a new php file in your topsite root.
Code:
<?php

echo date('Y-m-d H:i:s', time());

?>
That will show you your time when requested via browser

proxydesign

Visiolist-Fan
Found the server-offset by randomly vote on a site, then I got a message which said me how many hours left until I can vote next time. It said 9 hours, so I sat it to 9. Now it says 1 hour and 45 minutes, which is 24:00. :D

proxydesign

Visiolist-Fan
Please see my post. I activated this plugin. When I randomly voted on a site, I got a message which tells me how many hours until I can vote next time. Then I just tested with a random number in the administration-page. For testing, I did vote on a random user again to see the "vote-until-next-time" difference.

oly1993

Please see my post. I activated this plugin. When I randomly voted on a site, I got a message which tells me how many hours until I can vote next time. Then I just tested with a random number in the administration-page. For testing, I did vote on a random user again to see the "vote-until-next-time" difference.

i have that plugin already..
Everything works fine, but not the premium days and stats.

Dutch :
je kan weer stemmen over 12 uur en 58 minuten.
Its 11:02 now
11:02 + 12:58 = 00:00 / 24:00.