Resource icon

Newest Members 1.6

No permission to download

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Basti submitted a new resource:

Newest Members - Shows a list of the newest members to join your VisioList

Shows a list of the newest members to join your VisioList. great for sidebar content

Installation
- Upload through plugin manager if your server supports it
or
- Upload via ftp, then click install icon next to plugin name in admin -> Plugins

Updates
03.01.2013 - Admin settings: Configure number of members to show, configure to show screenshots or not
Read more about this resource...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member

panzerdude

Hi Basti,

I have a request about the Newest members sidebar. For an option to display the newest members site description on the newest members side bar.

This would keep fresh new content being added to the front page. Allot of sites are image heavy like mine and this would be helpful to balance that.

Would also be nice also to be able to have an option to limit the characters count for the newest members side bar site description.

Its not for everyone displaying the site description for newest members, but having it as an option would be great, I would love to have this option for my site.

Cheers

Last edited:

panzerdude

So just checking. Now I just wait and see if this feature gets added to the actual Newest Members plugin, so I can upload the latest version as they come out with updates?

Im not stressing anything, everything works, just wondering about it. Thanks :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
we can add the site description to the plugin for next update I think, not sure if description will be enabled in the template by default though. If not, you will want to make a child template in your plugin for that affected template. I'll post specifics if needed when the time comes.

autosurf

There is a big problem in the gateway part of this plugin!
Indeed, this is not the right screenshoot that appears but the last of the sites that has been added!

example : https://www.aatoplist.com/index.php?a=in&u=Corneille
the screenshoot isn't the screenshot of Corneille

You do change the select to
$result = $DB->query("SELECT * FROM {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_sites WHERE username = '{$TMPL['username']}'", __FILE__, __LINE__);
-----------------------

We have one option in admin panel to use or not a screenshot in our top liste :)
So , it's the same condition for the gateway page in plugins/NewestMembers/in_gateway.php
//Show Screenshots? (VisioList API Access required)
if (!empty($CONF['visio_screen_api']) && $CONF['new_member_screen'] == 1) {
For the next update, can you add a option in admin panel for use screenshot in gateway page ?

For use now this, you can do
// if (!empty($CONF['visio_screen_api']) && $CONF['new_member_screen'] == 1) {
if (!empty($CONF['visio_screen_api'])) {

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
whoops good catch, to be honest screenshot was not supposed to be in the gateway template. The query being used was intended to show recent X members the same way it does in wrapper but I see the query also uses the old join_date location so its very obsolete.

I dont see any reason to show a screenshot here, after all, the visitor just came from that website. Either way, I'll post an update today or tomorrow.

Thanks for catching this!

autosurf

it is nice to see a preview of the home page of the site (the vote button maybe elsewhere).

add a option in admin panel for use screenshot in gateway page is optional
just remove the condition in the file in_gateway.php