Resource icon

Facebook 1.6

No permission to download

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Basti submitted a new resource:

Facebook - New members advertised on your fan page, comments, like

This is the start of an ongoing bigger project. Please report any bugs you may encounter.

Features
  • Facebook like button integrated into the social block on the members stats page.
  1. Turn it on / off
  2. Choose the like url -> members stats page or his website url.
  • Facebook comments for the members stats page.
  1. Turn it on / off
  2. Moderate them on the page or on facebook ( if logged into facebook ).
  3. Define number of...
Read more about this resource...

pauline

Hi Basti,

I installed the latest version of Facebook plugin but each time after entering my details in settings and click allow permissions i get this code at the top of my admin pages.

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$access_token in /home/hyfmmbfn/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php(217) : eval()'d code on line 168

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/hyfmmbfn/public_html/sources/admin/settings.php(217) : eval()'d code:168) in /home/hyfmmbfn/public_html/sources/misc/skin.php(368) : eval()'d code on line 26

As soon as I uninstalled it the code disappeared. I have tried the older version 1.2 as well and I get the same thing.

Thanks In advance,

Pauline

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Pauline,
this is caused by an not initialized variable ( object in this case ). Newer php versions complain about such things. Its not an error per'se, and suff should still function ( its a notice after all ).
But ill post an update tomorrow, so the coding is correct.

Thanks for letting us know.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Pauline, i think it is an issue with your fan page.

I made myself a test fan page filled out all the info in my settings
clicked save
clicked allow permission and received the same error as you. That however was due my fan page not yet being published ( live )

Can it be that your page is in the same state? After i published my page, everything went fine

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Basti updated Facebook with a new update entry:

Facebook SDK update and important procedure changes

Updates
1) Using the new facebook php SDK (v.3.2.3)
2) Admin allow permissions workflow has been recoded to use the SDK offered functions.
- Offers far better stability across systems
- Before we issued the curl request manually which could lead to fail permissions where the host server required to verify the authenticity of the connection we make to facebook
3) Admin allow permissions uses new permission scope: publish_actions instead old publish_stream
- publish_stream no longer works...
Read the rest of this update entry...

leonor

License Active
EDIT: ... caching... found the error.

For every one who want to use this plugin with https.
Create a child folder, create new file facebook_like_layout.html

and add

Code:
<div id="plugin_facebook_like">
  <script src="https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"></script>
  <fb:like href="{$facebook_like_url}" layout="box_count" show_faces="false" width="55"></fb:like>
</div>
you are done =)

leonor

Last edited:

legendz

AcemanWolf
@Mark and @Basti

Does this plugin needs to be updated since Facebook said, "Graph API v2.1 is no longer available as of October 30, 2016."

Will this affect the new user's website from your topsite going to your Facebook fan page?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect this will need to be updated, I have no idea how it will break though as I am not a facebook user myself. Best bet is to test it out and see how it goes.

leonor

License Active
Hi, i have a issue on my server, when this plugin post the /details/user URL to Facebook, then there is a missing ' / ' on the end.

The "fix" is very easy, just open join_finish.php

Search for
Code:
'link' => $CONF['list_url'].'/'.$TMPL['url_helper_a'].'details'.html_entity_decode($TMPL['url_helper_u']).$TMPL['username'],
and change it to
Code:
'link' => $CONF['list_url'].'/'.$TMPL['url_helper_a'].'details'.html_entity_decode($TMPL['url_helper_u']).$TMPL['username'].'/',
Done :)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Basti updated Facebook with a new update entry:

Fix broken SDK

- SDK update due facebooks privacy policy updates along with deprecation of the old SDK
- Due that change, no longer supports custom title or image next to the post

Please read the updated install instruction
As i do not have a app as old as the last plugin version, i cant say anything about how this new version works with old apps.
To be safe, please setup a new app following the instructions

http://visiolist.com/community/threads/how-to-create-your-facebook-application.11/
Read the rest of this update entry...