Captchas in Signup page

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
copy the join_recaptcha.html template from parabola into your bootstrap skin and you should be good. LMK how it goes and I will update that skin

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
For some reason Google is not responding the captcha request, we will need to update to their new library. I took a quick stab at it but no luck, I'll need to dedicate some more time to it. For now, please use the built in captcha OR the security question (security question is probably more effective)

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I will need the reCaptcha fix also. For now the normal captcha can work but is very basic
Recaptcha is the only captcha with a problem, I already said I am working on it. The security question is very effective though.

vnevermore

Good to know you are working on it. Take your time, we are waiting for the fix. The default one as i already said is very basic, and the questions might be very effective as you are saying again and again but is really old-school and shitty.
I am using the question's for now but the reCaptcha is really fast and most of the time's doesn't need user's attention.
On admin panel there is also an option for adsCaptcha which probably is closed, so the right redaction of your sentence should be something like "basic captcha and security questions are the only security measures working without problem for now".

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
this recaptcha situation is quite interesting, I am noticing the past few days nearly every website I visit that relies on recaptcha is broken the same way. Very odd, I installed a quick sample of the new API and that also failed to connect to Google. I will put this development on hold to avoid banging my head against the wall incase the service itself is having issues.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
recaptcha works for me across the web only once in a blue moon, most times it simply fails to connect.
I have no idea what the problem is but it seems to be an issue on Google's end... I also noticed (maybe unrelated, who knows) that on many instances google web fonts are slow or completely fail to load on many websites.

cajkan

If you have problems check error logs, mostly sometimes google re-captcha keys might change overtime so make sure they are updated.