Resource icon

Callback Vote Check 2.0

No permission to download

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Basti submitted a new resource:

Callback Vote Check - Provides the code so your members can integrate vote rewards

Credit for this plugin goes to LemoniscooL . Originally it was a paid plugin but he stopped the support and handed it over to us. So here it is for free and a bit extended

What does Callback Vote Check mean?
The Callback System catches the votes, checks the database if the user voted already today, and then calls a script located on your members server telling the script if that person voted already.
The script on your webmasters server will then be able to reward the...
Read more about this resource...

leonor

License Active
Support for callback plugin is here?

Because i got a problem with my CallBack, lemoniscool reportet me that my site dont send the UserID, if a vote was succesfully.
But if the user voted Today already, the UserID got send.

here something from his logs:
--------------------------------------------------
80.86.81.74 called the script!
userID: valid: 1
80.86.81.74 called the script!
userID: valid: 1
Callback Script called! User Voted already!
User: 1 Time: 08.06.2014 15:06:38
Toplist: 80.86.81.74

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Well, its something on his end, If there is a valid vote, the example script provides the valid = 1 and user id = whatever

Not more i can say without seeing his implemention of the example script.

leonor

License Active
he said its something with my site, also its workink with cajkan site.

I can send you his callback file via PM?

EDIT: it was our misstake, thanks to basti!

Last edited:

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yup it will, actually still works in 5.5, but you need to supress deprecated error notices. I think finaly removal of mysql_ will be 5.6 or so

But its not more than that, a guide/example. More easy for the inexperienced people, and anyone who know about that, should have no issue converting the example to pdo :)

Mike.Dallas

Sorry, maybe I was not able to find the info, but on customer side (registration), what need to be filled by "Callback Vote Check"?
Thanks

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Explanation and example script for the toplist member are located at your-site.com/callback-guide/ or your-site.com/?a=callback if you use no clean urls.
The Basics
What happens is a user on your site is given a special voting link with their username or userid added to it. When this user votes we then take this username/userid and send it back to your server as a POST to your specified script to process and credit the user for voting. It is really that simple and you just need to enter URL to the script in your user control panel, implement the example script found below, and you are ready to go.
Maybe a bit odd worded by the guy who made it back then.

Basicly, a member needs a script like the example script, the file/url which rewards his voter. And in user panel, he links that file/url

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, see the bold below. The plugin has to know which url he sends the info to when someone votes
Basicly, a member needs a script like the example script, the file/url which rewards his voter. And in user panel, he links that file/url

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Basti updated Callback Vote Check with a new update entry:

Security fix, new feature

• Added a security fix on the gateway page to prevent xss attacks.
  • Plugin now uses proper VL 1.5 hit in checks
  • New function, in case a user change his ip when voting, his username ( the one he want to get rewards for - found in url when provided ) is inserted along with users ip. So when the system determines the vote is unique, it next checks the database if the user has a entry for today already, and if so, overwrites hit in check unique variable so no vote happens
Read the rest of this update entry...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This plugin has nothing to do with game callback. Its a website callback. Once installed see the useage help page: your-site.com/callback-guide/ or your-site.com/?a=callback

This flow is like
1) If website owner provided callback url in his account settings e.g his-site.com/callback.php
2) when user votes ( via modified voting url, again see the useage help page ), we send a request to the owners provided page above with certain values so he can identify the voter on his website
3) if he integrated his callback correctly, he can check on his website if a user voted or not and reward him some stuff