Visio List - Needs a Resource Manager

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
The payment system you can disable for users meaning only you can sell at which point you may place in your paypal or whatever link to YOUR payment system you want.
well we want to use it, but I want it to work similar to how or members area works.

1) cutomer buys plugin via paypal
2) paypal API returns payment success messafge to XF
3) customer gets instant access to plugin

unfortunately, it seems that cannot be done, we need to manually send the plugin etc. We could use XF promotions system and automate this better without using resource manager... but that is still a clunky experience.

I am not asking for a duplicate thread. Currently you are posting a thread in the forum with the modification that allows discussion. When you create a new addon & add it to the resource manager, it will create a discussion thread within a tab like the other tabs in your resources. This allows the discussion in your plugin forum.
we have a couple nice comments now in the bootsrap 3 resource, if I understand correct that is totally separate from forum topics. Which means users can/will post issues in both places. Am I mistaken?

In regards to your "bug", you have to edit them via the xenforos crazy usergroup permissions. I am willing to bet your normal usergroup & your license group have conflicting permission sets. If you set one user group to "ALWAYS" & another to "inherit or no", the usergroup with the higher ranking will take over.
its possible, the permissions system in XF is crazy but not something I have ever had problems with in the past, if I select registered users to be able to always view resources, but never download it should work. At the moment there is no inherit setting enabled for that group. This is possibly my misunderstanding, but as I say permissions are set explicitly not relying on any inherit settings... so I am at a loss.

I am extremely sorry that this was a let down. I didn't expect you to purchase this so quickly. I would have been more than happy to give you RM access on my site to take a peek. I was rather shocked to see the forum upgrading shortly after our PM conversation.
well the price was fair, and on the surface it seemed like a nice solution. The payment integration was huge letdown, we would be better off sticking with our members area integration to handle access permissions. Really all this does is adds a nice layer on top to show things like rating, downloads and sorting abilities, but then again the forum topics already do that too.

Well we'll keep poking around with it and see if can figure out a way to make it usable.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
lol no way, don't feel bad at all :) it was/is a good idea, just the XF implementation is a little weaker than I hoped.

There are more likes than dislikes about the system, but the dislikes are big enough to make me question its usefulness for our purpose.

$60 is not going to make any financial difference in my life :) And it was a good reason for me to upgrade XF anyway.

We'll keep plugging at it, I can see the benefits if we can work around the few drawbacks.

mwhite21

The upgraded forum is very nice I will say that.

I hope you can get the resource manager where you want/need it to be. I am glad you can see the good of the feature. makes me feel less bad haha.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
for sure :) We have some major changes coming in 2014 and I am sure resource manager will be a part of that.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Alright so today we rolled out the resource manager :) thanks for the suggestion, in the end we are sure this will be a nice benefit to the community.

Still some work to do on it, but if you spot anything out of place please let me know

cheers

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
nah parabola ships with the bundle, I don't want to have to maintain the parabola files in another location.