Terms And Conditions

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
VERSION 1.1#

This plugin allows you to add "Terms And Conditions" to your join form along with a checkbox, if the box is not checked the submission will return an error.

To add the terms, go to your admin panel -> Settings
Found under the Security tab you can add your terms.

Note
If you are updating from 1.0 delete the old plugin first or you may experience issues. Then you can insert your previous terms found in terms.html of your skin and paste them into admin settings

Updates
28.10.2013 - Plugin works again and terms text can be controlled via admin settings

Attachments

pure

hello
thank you for this plugin
my problem I install via admin upload Terms.zip click ok to install oops error

Warning: plugins::require(./plugins/Terms/install.php) [plugins.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client2/web15/web/sources/admin/plugins.php on line 207

Fatal error: plugins::require() [function.require]: Failed opening required './plugins/Terms/install.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/clients/client2/web15/web/sources/admin/plugins.php on line 207

thank you

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hmm there is no need for install.php file for this plugin, do not click the install icon, just upload it and your done. I have confirmed its working, will look closer why the install icon is showing, it should not. Thanks for letting me know.

pure

hello mark
thank you for the answer I'll keep you informed of the following
thank you

pure

hello mark
yes everything works perfectly, just to do a translator
thank you for miles plugin;)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
A bug has been identified thanks to Morus. Having this plugin installed makes your members unable to edit their accounts. An error always shows up.

This has been fixed, please reupload this plugin

ladogado

I am wondering where to edit the phrase for the terms text "I will not lie, cheat or steal" , I can not find it in the plugins folder, nor in a translation file :eek:o

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
that one is stored in the skin templates (as mentioned in the first post).

admin -> settings -> skins and categories -> edit -> terms

Djack

I don't see Terms, in skins and category, is it normal?

But yes, there is Terms and Conditions in the subscribe form.

Djack

In admin -> settings -> skins and categories -> there is no "terms" category, so i can't edit the terms and conditions.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
"terms" is NOT a category... its a template.

admin -> settings -> skins and categories ->Click EDIT under your skin and edit the terms template.

KaitoX

This is a godsend I am quite thrilled to have gotten a hold of. Now I can start apply rules to my members and get that iron fist going!

Ahem~ May wish to put the "edit" button part in the original post. FOr a couple minutes I was getting confused because I was actually expecting another skin to show up and edit it rather than a component of the current skin.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed this plugin is on the todo list to be improved. The terms should actually be stored in the database and editable from the admin settings or language manager. :)

cajkan

Mark ive installed this plug but looks like dont work

Ive tryed to register without check the box and registering was sucessful

You still working on this one or ?

Its a nice to have ToS