Server Check

r87

Mister "Question"
Hello,

page slow load can be waived by async load (images, player information, servers status etc.).

Basicly we need server check plugin for MMORPG games: Lineage | AION | WoW | Minecraft . Would be nice future to create custom fields.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This plugin will lot limit to mmorpg only and load is not so easy to handle as you guess, but its worth a shot

KaitoX

I do not have this plugin yet. Plan on trying to get it installed today. But based on the thread here i would like to suggest online/offline time as an additional feature. I look to rival toplists and I see games that have been inactive for YEARS but they are still on the top list. I personally would like the ability to easily determine if a game is offline for say... 5 days that it safe to prune it so I do not end up with polluted lists.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
That is a core feature already, this online offline is used for game server check.

If you want to prune inactive sites from the list after 5 days of inactive see the ranking settings in admin panel

cajkan

MMORPG games: Lineage | AION | WoW | Minecraft .

yep this list would be cool IF can be added

Vote up !

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
At the moment minecraft is the only one on your request list which i have. The others might come in once this plugin get the next update after this. At this querying is the hardest part it can take a while and i want to release this finally ( should be few more days )

- Admin Part is working, though i might move it from the settings page to skins and categories
- Several ips with several games dont seem to work. I believe this is because they did not correctly enabled the default games query port, thus these would display as offline

KaitoX

As of this point in time Ultima Online also does not appear to work.

IP forwarding services are also not working.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
good to know ty. Will put it on the game request list anyway once i release this update.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Update 2: All thats left is integrating the checked values into the template, which ill do tomorrow.
Then we are ready for a few test installs and solve possible problems.

Chrisspitz

Update 2: All thats left is integrating the checked values into the template, which ill do tomorrow.
Then we are ready for a few test installs and solve possible problems.
Thank's Basti. Have been reading the posts. My Minecraft toplist got reset quite a while back, and without having a functional server status script/plugin i'm not very motivated to promote my new list again. I currently have 3 servers on my list which causes the page to load very slow as you anticipated. Hope you'll be able to fix this somehow.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Update 3:
Things are integrated and i was able to improve the speed quite a bit ( not enough though ). Planning on improving this for the first load more and then maybe cache the result for a while, ill see.

As far as site hanging while script checks the server ( old plugin code ), this is now fixed and server will respond as offline if its not reached or its hanging or take to long to respond.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
That game is not even included. So, no timeframe yet.
At the moment the plugin have higher priorities, such as speeding things up. Load is currently at ~4 sec which is unacceptable with only 10 members per page.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
K everyone, i will post this plugin tomorrow. I have tested it to a certain point, but query errors might still appear, so do not freak out ;)
When i post it, make sure you follow install instructions carefully. This is not the typical 2 second plugin install

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Plugin Updated and ready for testers. Pease read the install/update instructions carefully, there is more to it than usually.
If you are unsure about anything post here or pm me

KaitoX

Soon as I attempt step 3 I get a fun little set of errors.

gameserverlists/sources/admin/settings.php(217) : eval()'d code" on line 98

Unknown column 'game_shortcode' in 'where clause' gameserverlists/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, could you tell me if this was a fresh plugin install or did you had the previous one installed before?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ok i forgot a comma in the install file. If you reupload the plugin through plugin manager it should make the database changes now while uploading.
Alternativly you can also unzip the file and just replace install.php in the plugin folder. And then click the install icon.
Let me know how that goes