SEO Plugin

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
VERSION 1.3#

This is the start of a larger ongoing project.
For now this plugin adds the following abilities

1. Input meta description and keywords from the VisioList admin panel. Used on pages except categories, stats pages. For categires edit any category and input your description and keywords
2. Adds you main description above the rankings. Used as a little intro text
3. Adds Category name + description to category pages

Future release will create dynamic keyword and descriptions for most pages based on the page content.

Install
- Simply Upload the zip via the plugins manager
- Go to settings and input your keywords and description

Updates
28.01.2013 - Now uses h1 tags instead of h2
21.01.2014 - Moved main page welcome into own html file in case one need to edit

Languages
- English, German

enjoy

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I should mention if anyone has SEO feature requests, this is the place to post em

Boardhopper

For the stats page, I think it would be great to take the description that the website owner put in and insert that into the meta description. And in the user control panel, have the members add keys words themselves. This would avoid having the same meta description and keywords all across the website.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
category descriptions and keywords have been added to the core as of 0.2, edit the category and you will see the new text input boxes. When a visitor is surfing the ranking pages in a specific category the meta tags will be specific to the category.

also new as of 0.2 the members stats page will now show their description in the meta description tag.

Anna

I deleted this plugin for some reason and uploaded it again. But now I can not make any changes to descriptions or keywords. Any ideas?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Tested a bit, Seo is fine. Its twitter plugin on your list. Investigating now

Pmed you

Uploaded this. When I added the description and keywords and saved I got an error

Fatal error: Database error in "/var/www/virtual/mydomain.com/htdocs/newsite/sources/admin/settings.php(681) : eval()'d code" on line 14

Unknown column 'facebook_app_id' in 'field list' in /var/www/virtual/mydomain.com/htdocs/newsite/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 88

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
That error was present before you installed this plugin.

That error says the facebook plugin is not installed. You can click the install icon beside facebook from the plugin manager and that should be rectified.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This plugin recieved a little update. Now displays main meta description to the ranking pages.
To update, simply reupload through plugin manager

leonor

License Active
you can delete "{$category_welcome}" from wrapper.html and then its gone, but i dont know if its needed for other things...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Nope you are right leornor, deleting that tag removes it, though an on/off would be useful

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
on/off requires yet another DB field be setup, I personally think moving/removing or even styling the template tag is adequate enough. Just my $0.02 :)

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
If we want the cat description but not the main page one then what? pulling the template tag drops it all, correct? not really a valid solution, IMO.