[Problem] Facebook Advertise newest members

cajkan

Hello,
First i was thinking that ive somehow disabled this,
Second time i was suspecting that something was wrong.
But now i can approve that Advertise newest members at Facebook doesnt work as it should.

Problem:

I have enabled the checkbox, few users registered - everything was OK.
Few days later, no one registered and today i got new user and didnt advertise on facebook.

Somehow check box automaticly unchecks.

If you could review all process about facebook would be cool.

This happens only at Facebook, Twitter is fine.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked that your permission token is still valid? Its displaying on the right colum in the settings. If it worked before this is the only reason i can think off

If you check the checkbox and save settings, after you return to the page is it still checked?

cajkan

How much days we should have permission?

When i click on permission generates only for today :S

Access Token :: Filled out by "Allow Permission"
Expiration date: 2013-01-29 17:17:33

Shouldnt be more days?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
It should be more days, 60 to name it. And you should have recieved emails that your token is about to be expired. It does that 5 days before it expire, once daily.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Both have the same problem? Then facebook has changed something. Hope its not the token system, if we have no luck they dont allow apps authorisation for more than 1 day anymore.

Ill investigate that a bit

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Plugin has been updated. http://visiolist.com/community/threads/facebook.204/page-2#post-5608
It seems facebook allows never expiring tokens again. Because a second click on allow permissions returned no expiration date, this issue appeared.
The token was actually still valid, but no expire date was returned so the expire date has been "fixed" to 1 day by my coding. And once a new day triggers, the expire date was hit, and the script deactivated the feature.

This should not happen anymore now. Need to wait 2 months to be sure though.