Facebook

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Oh i have a bad feeling facebook might changed something again :( ill give it a test today.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Mark, can you verify that you filled out everything correctly? i just tested again and it works like it should

Make sure your application points to the right domain ( make sure you followed how to create a app tutorial correctly )
Make sure in admin settings you paste your fan page id, not your profile id. It must also be a number, so no fanpage alias or full url to your fanpage.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Quick fix to the plugin. See update list in #1st post.
Changed file: new_day.php , so its enough if you replace that file

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
If you use this plugin and updated to VisioList 0.9 it is required to reupload this plugin ( dont delete, just reupload ). This is because of the change on the statistics page.

Anna

OK, have not yet got this plugin to work perfectly, but I do at least have the buttons in place etc. However, when I like a page via the share buttons the right text appear - but the thumbnail screenshot does show a completly different screenshot that the site I shared. It is not random. Different pictures for different sites, but always the same for each site.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
What do you mean? What text is disappering? And what screenshot? Share button cant really change the screenshot on the stats page

Anna

Better give an example I shared the first blog of the toplist "Dimmornas Dotter". If you click on her stats you can see her screenshot. Now go to my facebookpage. Hopefully you will see my share with right link, but wrong screenshot.... http://www.facebook.com/#!/anna.johansson.35
This is consistent with any share I do via the button on the stats page. But mind you, I have never got this plugin to work properly so it might be something on my end!

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Googled a bit and it seems tha many have this issue, that it uses an image it once found on the site, and that one cached then or something

There is something called opengraph on facebook, with that you can define custom titless, images etc. Ill have a look at that over the week and see if i can implement that nicely to use the meember screenshot if it exist

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
I can't create an app on Facebook.. when I click the dev link, it just redirects me back to the list of my pages.
No new site announcements for me :(

facebook is teh crap anyway and needs to stop being so anal and greedy.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, what is that? that sounds bull. Are you banned on apps or so? think it can happen with abuse ( doubt you abuse, but you know, same as adsense -.- )

PPNSteve

PPN Top 50
It has something to do with only having pages and not a personal fb profile (i refuse to give them any info like that due to their terms of service and policies) it doesn't allow me much of anything there..

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, interesting to know, will add that info to the application tutorials, thanks for that

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Plugin update
You no longer need to extend your token after 2 months. It seems there has been a change on facebook regarding this. So its one time allow permissions and it will keep it as long you allow the application.
Historical data has been kept commented ( not running ) in the code ( like the email when token expire ) in case it dont work for everyone and we need to redo things.

Simply reupload the plugin. Then copy your access token and paste it here -> https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/access_token
If the result says "Expire: Never" all is good. If not try to hit allow permissions again and then test the token again.

A few feedbacks after 2 months would be helpful, to know if facebook tells the truth about the not expiring token :)

Next update
i will on the "share" issue where a totally unrelated screenshot is posted for that member

cajkan

I have a quick question

Ive started using Disqus comments and i want to remove Facebook comments

ive found out this {$stats_before_stats}
displays both disqus and facebook comments

I want to keep facebook plugin but to remove comments from statistics page and keep the disqus.

Any tips?

Thanks