JoinWithBanner

What do you think about this Plugin?

• Total voters

LemoniscooL

VERSION 1.3#

I saw some people in here request this feature as a core feature but Mark didnt want it, so i simply wrote a plugin for it. That way you can choose to use it or not.

Support handed over to VL staff, not yet sure if it remains paid or get free. Give us few days to think about it
~ Basti ~

What does it do?
  • This Plugin adds the Upload a Banner from PC feature to your sign up page (join and join existing)
Features
  • Check the uploaded file for filesize, file extension, mime type and dimensions
    • Allowed file extensions: jpg, jpeg, png and gif
    • Max filesize: 100kb
    • Dimensions: Can be set inside the ACP under Member Settings
  • The uploaded banner file will be named like: Username.jpg
Known Bugs
none so far

Installation

1. Upload the whole JoinWithBanner.zip via the plugin manager of VisioList inside the admin control panel
  2. Go to your skin folder (e.g. /skins/parabola) and open join_form.html
  3. Search for name="join_form" class="uiform" and replace it with name="join_form" class="uiform" {$multi_form}
Updates
  • 09.12.2012: Fixed the error reporting
  • 18.12.2012: Standard Banner will be used if user doesnt supply one at registration
  • 02.01.2013: Implemented the Plugin Update Check of VL 0.9
Planned Features
  • Choose to Upload from PC or Upload from URL
    • Upload from URL means the user just specifies an URL, then the file is checked for file size mime etc like when uploading from PC and if those fit the file is downloaded to your server and renamed
  • Admin CP Option to choose what Upload Method should be used
    • Mode 1: Upload from PC only
    • Mode 2: Upload from URL only
    • Mode 3: Show the user an option to choose weather to upload from PC or URL
Screenshots

Required Visiolist Version
VisioList v0.9
Versions below are not tested and may lead to unexpected results!

Languages
- English, German, Polish (Polski)

Price, Sale and Update conditions
This Plugin will cost 10€ once, you can pay via Paypal using the Button below.
While paying with paypal you will be able to specify your VisioList Forumname. This is important as i will send a download link to you via PM in this forum.
When i update the plugin i will post it here and update the first post, you can then simply send me a PM that you want a new download link and ill send it to you via PM again.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=GF3UK26TXPY2N

leonor

License Active
Known Bugs
1) When a user tries to upload a file bigger than 100kb, with a higher dimension than allowed or wrong extension the sign up fails, but no error messages are shown.
Plese fix this first, no one with a working topsite will buy it. The dangerous to losing a new Member is very high.

But i like this idea, and i will wait for a working Plugin :)

LemoniscooL

As i said the code i wrote looks like it should work, even mark didnt find any error ..
Only thing i could do is change it so that the registration goes through, but the wrong file is not uploaded till i find the solution for the error messages..

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ill go through the plugin later and send you the updated code Marcel

LemoniscooL

We found the mistake .. wrong variable name and a missing template variable but hey im still learning to work with Visio List =)
Thanks Basti!

And because Basti helped me fixing a major bug in this plugin i will give it for free to the first 5 people to write in here that they want it!
The only condition for this is, that everyone who gets it for free has to write a review on this Plugin inside this thread!

greetz

LemoniscooL

I added a new language: Polish (Polski) thanks to Morus for translating it

@somayeh: sent you a link, please keep in mind to write a review =)

LemoniscooL

sent the link to you Morus
Okay thats it 5 people got the Plugin free, if you guys have any trouble with installation feel free to write me
and please, dont for get to post your review in here (by review i mean for example: what do you think about this plugin?, how did you test it?, what do your users think about it, when rating in start from 0-5 (worse to best) how many stars would you give this plugin? etc etc something like that)

greetz

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
i have a problem as well after adding it to my listing. It is not displayed, insted of banner link in admin menu, it is showing me website link.