Duplicate meta descriptions

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
For control panel it doesnt really matter if you ask me. If it were for me, i would drop meta keywords and description all together. Google doesnt factor keywords, and description it will take text from your website content which fits best the search query

But yes page # could be integrated maybe into title. Description wont be that easy

You can change the title for category pages to
Sitename: CategoryName - Page #

You can change the description to just append the Category Name and Page #

Google does not like Duplicate title tags and duplicate meta descriptions as they show this under Webmaster tools - HTML Improvements

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
http://visiolist.com/community/threads/seo-plugin.69/ - i have added to the SEO bundle todo list the ability to add keywords and descriptions to custom pages.

While its trivial to tweak the meta tag for the paginated rankings, I am also considering noindex/nofollow attributes on the overall paginated rankings pages, I don't really see any SEO value having these urls indexed, they are basically dynamic sorted results. The Category ranking pages , main page, stats, and custom pages seem to be the best pages to index.

Category specific meta description is already included on the category edit page.

Duplicate title tags are a more serious issue, I will add this to core requests as it needs to be resolved asap.