vl chat !

CrazyCoder

yeahhh we need a vl chat !! a shoutbox lol, i dont know to write anything we want, just to express our joy, our pleasure to be here, part of this great community

so please laurel and hardy ! just do it !!!! hihihiiiiiii dont mind ok , mark and basti, am a funny one u know ;)

but what ? would be great !!!!

EDIT => i mean HERE at your forums guys, woooo of course not on VL hahahaa

at the xen fofos

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I never really understood the purpose of a shoutbox on a forum, so count me out there.
Not only do i see as useless, but it would also lead to customer issues, where "little kids" would use it to ask for support and then complain cause it never gets answered.
Used "little kids" on purpose, not in the sense of age. Based on experience, many not know how to react to things or what to expect from this or that

CrazyCoder

no a chat for us !, just allow brain equiped people, hahahaa lol
a small chatbox to wish a good evening, talk about whats for dinner, just for selected vl members , adult responsable, well educated, the premium vl members hahaha u see ? ;)
nevermind just an idea ;)

cajkan

This can be good idea, there are already some xenforo chats, and yeah only for registered members can be useful.
Share experience some knowledge etc...

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yea, but the thing is, you cant control who's on the chat. And without a doubt, i would bet 1000$ on it, it would be used for support related issues

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
for sure they will use it for support, once people start adding questions to chat instead of the forum, those forum topics are never created, and never search for... then support ends up answering the same questions over and over.

A searchable forum is a valuable archive of questions and answers, chat is not.

Finally, just adding chat to "chat" about the weather, what we are eating etc... well I think that is what social networks like skype, facebook, Google + is for :)