VisioList 0.9

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
The long awaited new release is here :) Sorry for the delay on this one, but iam sure you will like the new features.

Update Instructions:
- As usual take a backup of your files and database in case something goes wrong
- Upload and replace all the files from the update bundle onto your ftp and run install/update.php from your browser
- Manual edits required -> http://visiolist.com/docs/upgrade-from-previous-vl-version
- Due to the "stats" to "details" change for urls, several plugins needs a reupload. I have replied in those topics. Please reupload the files ( dont delete plugin, just reupload )

Fresh Install Instructions
As usual. http://visiolist.com/docs/Installing-visiolist

Some of the changes this version
1) Email Members improvements
--- wysiwyg editor
--- Exportable CSV mail list
--- send HTML mail
--- throttle mail
--- email inactive members who are inactive longer than X days
2) add/edit custom profile fields from admin->Tools:
--- Experimental, bugs may appear
3) Pagination and sorting options for manage members
4) Improved frontend pagination
5) ability to disable child theme from admin
6) Alert box before child theme overwrites template (avoid accidental template overwrite)
7) Add keywords and description to custom pages for use in meta tags
8) {$url} {$title} {$description} and more tags are now available in gateway template
9) Check to ensure no black (empty) screenshots are copied, if black the file will weigh 9KB or so when it should be 100KB or so. This can be used as a check to ensure the screenshot is not empty. Also added cahcebuster to avoid cached screenshots showing during the render process
10) Check for duplicate page titles on paginated results. Consider nofollow/noindex on paginated rankings. This is now fixed via SEO plugin
11) Plugin version check
--- Please note: not all plugins are updated yet to store the version number. And you cant make use of this feature unless you reupload the files. Once this is available on a plugin, we will notify.
--- VisioList default plugins have this included
12) Move new_day() functions etc to cron job to avoid zero stats days
--- How to enable this: http://visiolist.com/docs/cron-jobs
13) Bann Ip now also works for votes / hits in
14) Display written text in wrapper.html only on the frontpage. Enclose written text with {isfront}Your Text{/isfront}

Besides other bug fixes, this are the improvements most worth to mention

If you encounter any bugs, let us know. Serious bugs will be addressed with a patch

Attachments

LemoniscooL

Everyone that is using my plugins, please report any errors with them after upgrading to VL 0.9 in the corresponding release thread. Thanks!

@Basti & Mark: great work =)

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Guys everyone who upgraded already, pls download and upload attached patch to your root. There have been a error with the "stats" to "details" change

Additionally, due to the change of stats pages, several plugins need a reupload. I replied in those topics. If you use the plugin please reupload ( not delete )

Newest patch in post #28

cajkan

Guys everyone who upgraded already, pls download and upload attached patch to your root. There have been a error with the "stats" to "details" change

Additionally, due to the change of stats pages, several plugins need a reupload. I replied in those topics. If you use the plugin please reupload ( not delete )
Thanks for reply Basti

Does downloads from main post updated or ?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
yes, but you can just download the patch file and replace what is in there, noneed to redownload everything

leonor

License Active
i think he forgot to delete
$(".uiform").form();
from wrapper.html i had the same "error" when is was updating

When its not deleted the "/stats/username" Stats table looks realy ugly

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
it looks like you have not completed the update process, make sure you have overwritten all the files (including your .htaccess) and made any required skin changes as outlined in the first post.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
check that your .htaccess file is up to date and that all files have been overwritten from 0.9 bundle, without a doubt you are missing something.

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
.htaccess is fine, also have problem accessing plugins in admin panel. Has that error
Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in //votezone/languages/english.php on line 7
I can't import language using admin panel cause its nt even giving me a chance to do it. I had to manualy update english.php. Still error in plugin admin panel.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
can you post lines 5-10 from your english.php? if your not able to fix that yourself.

It really looks like you have not uploaded all the files from 0.9....

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
Code:
<?php

if (!defined('VISIOLIST')) {
  die("This file cannot be accessed directly.");
}

$LNG['a_approve'] = 'Approve';
$LNG['a_approve_done'] = 'The member has been approved.';
$LNG['a_approve_dones'] = 'The members have been approved.';
$LNG['a_approve_edited_done'] = 'The changes has been approved.';

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
there is no parse error there.... either your looking at the wrong file or your server is reporting the completely wrong line # which is pretty much impossible.