VisioList 0.7 Beta

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
French Language needs to be converted into UTF-8 character set. You can do this yourself if you know how, or I will hire a translator if needed.

I cannot provide a release date, it depends on testing and when the new translations are ready.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks that answers why I could not edit/delete the plugins via the FTP. I noticed that the captcha stopped working about a week and a half ago so they must have disabled the freetype.
if you have SSH you can run this command to correct the file ownership issues, you can also run this as a cron job to keep everything workign smooth.

lets say your account username is "karl" (check with your host first !!), basically when you look at your list of files via FTP under the owner/group colum you will notice that plugins uploaded belong to "nobody" while your other files uploaded via FTP belong to "karl" (or whatever your hosting username is). So to correct this we need to make the files uploaded via admin owned by Karl.

login via SSH using a program like putty.exe and navigate to your website files.
1) cd /path/to/yoursite/www/

then change ownership of all files to karl
2) chown -R karl *

then change the group of all files to karl
3) chgrp -R karl *

or ask your host to run PHP as suPHP or FastCGI, this is also more secure for their shared hosting environment.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
actually french is just fine, although not completly translated. In 0.7 final we reinclude the language files which are safe to use with utf-8 even if they are not up to date with translations

Please do the following

Follow update steps, especially step 5, its needed

in index.php find this
Code:
// Convert previously wrong encoded LNG vars
function icon_convert(&$item1, $key, $prefix)
{
    $item1 = iconv("cp1251", "UTF-8", $item1);
}
array_walk($LNG, 'icon_convert', $LNG);
replace with
Code:
/*
// Convert previously wrong encoded LNG vars
function icon_convert(&$item1, $key, $prefix)
{
    $item1 = iconv("cp1251", "UTF-8", $item1);
}
array_walk($LNG, 'icon_convert', $LNG);
*/
in french.php delete the following
Code:
$LNG['charset'] = "iso-8859-1";
If you have issue getting it to work, or dont feel like doing it, please send me ftp info. As we know this would happen in the beta release we offer to fix it for you manually

Karl

if you have SSH you can run this command to correct the file ownership issues, you can also run this as a cron job to keep everything workign smooth.
Thanks Mark will give your suggestions a go.

Karl

On my next upgrade i get the following error.

Fatal error: Database error in "/home/xxxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/topsite/install/update.php" on line 163

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{ats_screens CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_unicode_ci' at line 1 in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/topsite/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm database table convertion to utf-8 stopped at the screens table for you.
Can you check phpmyadmin -> select your database -> see if ats_screens is named "{ats_screens"
If it is, it is the reason of the error.
Then pls rename that table to remove the { and run the updater again. Wonder though why your table would have that char in it

Karl

Hi I have {ats_screens and ats_screens so would it just be a case of deleting the {ats_screens

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, ya that is the issue. Delete the table with {
forwhatever reason you had 2 of the same tables, so you or maybe mark ( properbly worked on it once ) changed the name to test something. Now when converting to utf8 it throws an error because that tablename in invalid to use in a query

Karl

I have just noticed that the first previouse next and last navigation on the manage members is no longer available on both sites I have upgraded.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
yes, DataTables have been removed ( the jquery in use for that caused to much issues on lists ) and it is now the standart manage member interface.
However, if a future release we may code something new again

Karl

yes, DataTables have been removed ( the jquery in use for that caused to much issues on lists ) and it is now the standart manage member interface. However, if a future release we may code something new again
Okay thanks. it had made it easier to work through members with it but can work without it.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Yup sorting feate and everything was reallly nice, but just caused to much trouble overall :(

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Few things to troubleshoot.
1. did you selected correct currently installed version? if a wrong one is selected it throws a blank page ( php error ) as these updates allready exist in your database
2. in update.php put above this
Code:
// Help prevent register_globals injection
this code
Code:
error_reporting(E_ALL);
This will let us know the exact error

Karl

Few things to troubleshoot.
1. did you selected correct currently installed version? if a wrong one is selected it throws a blank page ( php error ) as these updates allready exist in your database
2. in update.php put above this
Thanks I will try this and get back to you

On another upgrade and a fresh install I got the following message Warning: include(plugins/languages/languages/english.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxx/www/www/directory/index.php on line 132.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks I will try this and get back to you

On another upgrade and a fresh install I got the following message Warning: include(plugins/languages/languages/english.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxx/www/www/directory/index.php on line 132.
That error means you have a plugin called languages, but it missing the languages folder inside it + english.php. On the other hand why do you have such thing on a fresh install?

Karl

error_reporting(E_ALL);
Thanks Basti added that but no messages were displayed the site seems to have upgraded so can I take it that there are no problems until I come across something?

That error means you have a plugin called languages, but it missing the languages folder inside it + english.php. On the other hand why do you have such thing on a fresh install?
Okay thanks are we supposed to have a languages plugin.

Karl

I am getting the following error when I try go to manage inactive members.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/rampant/domains/xxxxxx.com/public_html/topsite/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 48

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
if the upgrade ran fine ( displaying installing 0.7 Beta, upgraded to utf-8 etc ), then the database changes were installed.

A languages plugin you should normally dont have, unless you use such a plugin to change language variables. But then you should have the needed stuff inside and it would not throw that error. So i assume something went wrong while uploading the script ( maybe uploading core language folder into plugins folder )

Hmm the inactive sites error, wonder how come it exeed the maximum time, it is the same setup as manage members.
Does it also happen there?