VisioList 0.7 Beta 2

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Ahh that would do it, remaining days is used in the calculation on each new day, that value must be set to the appropriate number.

leonor

License Active
hm i dont know why, but i dont get mails any more when new member join. Ich changed already email adress, and take it off and on. But its dosent work any more.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I have confirmed on my test list admin notification emails are being sent as expected.

are you using an email address belonging to the domain your VL is installed on?
example: visiolist installed on: yourdomain.com and your admin email is set to you@yourdomain.com

if not make sure you are, otherwise your messages could be blocked.

if so, do you have SPF records setup on your host?

Does your error log show any clues?

leonor

License Active
i am using "toplist"@mydomain.tld and it was working the last Version.

I will check Server (Error) log tomorrow now i have to go sleep :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
alright :) the only thing that changed from lat version is we now need to use use mbstring() functions to handle UTF characters. Make sure your server's PHP config supports mbstring

Karl

After upgrading from beta to beta2 I get this message

Fatal error: Database error in "/home/slinkydeals/www/www/directory/sources/admin/settings.php" on line 705

Unknown column 'inactive_after' in 'field list' in /home/slinkydeals/www/www/directory/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

when I try to do a save on the change settings.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Same issue as before Karl, beta 1 had wrong version stored, which result in the beta 2 db updates not beeing run.
phpmyadmin -> your database -> VL_etc table
Edit row ( pencil ) -> change 0.7 to 0.7 Beta
Run updater again.

This kind of issue is fixed in 0.7 final, so updates from beta 1 to 0.7 final run without issue

Karl

Edit row ( pencil ) -> change 0.7 to 0.7 Beta
okay changed this and ran the updater again but got this error

Fatal error: Database error in "/home/slinkydeals/www/www/directory/install/update.php" on line 188

Duplicate column name 'timestamp' in /home/slinkydeals/www/www/directory/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm just looked at it again, it appears you did not run 0.6 -> beta 1 update

if your new error is trigger it seems you have everything except the 0.6 to 0.7 beta 1 queries. You properbly selected the wrong version from dropdown box ( removed from 0.7 final update )

Do me a favour and change your vl_etc version to 0.6. Then it will do these changes ( ignore the error that will trigger )

Then we check if your database is uptodate.
- Your database table should have a collation of utf8_unicode_ci
- in vl_settings is there a column named "adscaptcha_id" ?
- do you have a vl_langs table now?

After doing this "manual" updating, you most likely need to alter your vl_etc table version number to 0.7 Beta 2 ( so you are set fror the next update )

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Great, good to hear :)
You updated your version number to 0.7 Beta 2 again yes?