VisioList 0.7 Beta 2

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
This is beta 2 release of VisioList 0.7 and may contain bugs, if you are not in the mood for troubleshooting with us, then you may want to wait for the stable release of 0.7 :) the more people who help with bug reporting on this version, the sooner the stable version will be available.

1) For those of you upgrading from an earlier version, overwrite all files with the exception of these:

settings_sql.php
button_config.php
settings_buttons.php
/skins/parabola/user.css

2) Run the update script found at yoursite.com/install/update.php

3) import your language by pointing your browser to yoursite.com/languages/importer.php?l=english

(change english to your desired language as needed)

The interface for the language importer will be cleaned up for next release, but for now we are looking for bug reports and help working out any issues in the new language system!

Thanks in advance
---------------------------------------------------

Some of the updates in this release:

- Language Editor - now you can add phrases and edit languages from the admin panel!

- Converted script to utf-8. Languages other than english, german may be not fully converted.
- IE7 link code display bug fixed
- Screenshot intranet warning from IE fixed
- added secondary screenshot server
- backup function missed tables corrected
- weekly/monthly premium hits in boosts fixed**last minute bug found
- New button config: text_link_button_alt . Lets you specify vote link text / button alt in admin button settings.
- Twitter, google+, facebook admin settings bug fixed
- Facebook posts to fanpage instead of private profile
- UCP link_code etc favicon display forced to 16 x auto, to prevent super huge favicons
- UCP if not paypal email or acc2co entered, hide premium form altogether and show text.
- Terms Plugin bug fix. UCP edit account didnt saved.
- Screenshot issue with urls including ? has been fixed
- Manage Inactive Members has been added
- New script updater
- Added Activate / Deactivate functionality for plugins
- Edit member: Make one premium in the future is fixed
- Members made premium through admin edit: remain_days goes into negative value - Fixed
- Jquery Uploader on plugin manager throws error in IE
- updated the plugins interface

Attachments

Karl

Nice one. If we are on beta 1 would it just be a case of overwriting files or would we need to wait for the installer as well?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
File is now updated to include upgrades, though only tested from 0.6. I will test more over the next couple days and post back here any fixes. Thanks to anyone willing to help with beta testing and bug reports!

spremusik

there is a little problem in the skin
stats page, there is some white line that have nothing to do there
i think this problem was there in the first beta version too
visio.jpg

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
HI there, thanks for the report. That is used for the "social block", I will add a "Vote" button here for the next release, to give it some purpose for those not using Facebook, Twitter or google+ plugins

Karl

The upgrade from beta to beta2 seems to have gone smoothly although I still get the error Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/xxx/domains/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/topsite/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 48 when I select manage inactive members is this due to the large number of inactive members being checked.

spremusik

HI there, thanks for the report. That is used for the "social block", I will add a "Vote" button here for the next release, to give it some purpose for those not using Facebook, Twitter or google+ plugins
hehe, i never used those plugins.
one more thing. i think the "add your site" button in the header, must not be shown if the user is loged in.
it is misleading
also, maybe the text links under the "user control pannel" can be made little biger font. they are curently hard to be readed

LaterEdit:
about the "add your site" button. maybe will be nice, if the user is loged in, to point directly to
index.php?a=user_cpl&b=join_existing
if not loged, to open the normal page

spremusik

dont know if is a issue:
for testing i'm not having the visiolist in the root of the domain but in another directory like:
domain.com/visiolist/
when i try to logout i get
domain.com/index.php?a=user_cpl&b=logout
and not
domain.com/visiolist/index.php?a=user_cpl&b=logout

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Properbly used same database? looks like it as your topsite url is stored in there

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
hehe, i never used those plugins.
one more thing. i think the "add your site" button in the header, must not be shown if the user is loged in.
it is misleading
this is a good point, though not so easy to handle at the moment due to the menu manager... but your later edit is a good idea, if user_cp session we can redirect them to join_existing. Thanks for the suggestions!

also, maybe the text links under the "user control pannel" can be made little biger font. they are curently hard to be readed
users can change the style via user.css as they like, I find the usability of that font size just fine.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
The upgrade from beta to beta2 seems to have gone smoothly although I still get the error Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/xxx/domains/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/topsite/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 48 when I select manage inactive members is this due to the large number of inactive members being checked.
hmm sounds like this query might need to be optimized, I havent looked at the code in that part myself, but 30 seconds is plenty of time no matter how many inactive members you might have. we'll look into optimizing this asap, thanks for the heads up Karl.

Karl

I don't know if I am missing a step somewhere but premium members expire after a day even though I set them to 7 or 15 days

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Nothing really changed from the remain days function for premium members.
This does sound like some plugin is called via sources/misc/new_day.php and sets premium to inactive

They just made remain day = 0 ? they are still visible on your list yes?

Can you pm me the site and ftp where this happens?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Karl, may it be that you have just set the number of days in admin? And have kept remain day value at 0?
This would match to your issue. If remain day is 0, the next day the premium period check would deactivate his premium status because 0 days left

Karl

Hi I was setting the total days but leaving the days that remain at 0 as i though this would automatically reduce from total days each day I will try it filling in both.