Implemented User Profiles

When I asked about getting users to input Feed URLs at sign-up, the reason given was to encourage new users to come back to fill in the profile.

To that end, how about adding Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn input areas to their user pages?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
When I asked about getting users to input Feed URLs at sign-up, the reason given was to encourage new users to come back to fill in the profile.
I think the profile should be filled in on the user control pane not the signup form for exactley that reason, putting it the signup form makes it more unlikley the user will login to their control panel. I want people using the control panel, and I believe the shorter the signup form, the better.

To that end, how about adding Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn input areas to their user pages?
not as a core feature, but more suitable to add these features to the existing plugins I think.

OR

In the future we will have "custom profile fields" definable from the admin panel which might even be a better way to handle this.

That's the one.

Custom profile fields from admin area.

I agree we need people to come back to our site(s) more often - for 'social' benefits.

Not just add an URL and forget about it.

;)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I agree, and I will prioritize the development of custom profile fields from the admin area. This is a very important feature for all niche's, with an endless supply of usefulness :)