User can't access a couple panel options, but...

ryancbarnes

So I have a user who cant access a couple panel options, but everyone else is not having any issues. I have a test site in which I can access all the features.

I changed that user's password to see if I could re-create their issue. I can re-create the problem. The source code of the final pages does not show any errors that I can see and does not look any different from the other sites.

I looked into the database fields for the user as well, to see if they had any offending code in them. It does not appear to be that. I have copied their site description over to my test listing and the test user has no problems. Oddest thing is that their account and stuff was working fine before. No revisions that I can remember (I also audit all site revisions.)

Any tips/ideas?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
not really any information here to isolate the cause, but what is the username? does it have a - or any other special characters? what pages are they unable to load? what happens when you try? any error messages? etc.

ryancbarnes

username is sawine, no odd characters. pages are 'edit account, premium, upload banner, link code'

when I try, same thing. It displayed the page, but no information (no links, data, forms, etc...)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
if possible send me a private message with phpmyadmin login (or FTP if you dont have phpmyadmin installed) and I'll get this figured out for you

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Fixed :) issue was missing "owner" value for this user, I have posted a patch script for you in our PM discussion. I manually added this one and confirmed its working properly now.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
No problem, happy to help. Dont forget to create and run that script I posted for you ;) there are other members on your list who will experience the same issue.

Madox

Hello

I have the same issue too, for example when i tried to login it doesn't access i get only a white page

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds like a different issue, white page is a suppressed PHP error.

Try upgrading to the latest version (beta 2) if you haven't already and see if that fixes it. If it persists, send me FTP login & URL to your list

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like an issue with brute force prevention, perhaps something was missed during the upgrade.

Please send me FTP login & URL to your list