Top Menu hover bg color and category URL

eupaulzaza

I cannot find how to change the background color of the top menu buttons when you hover over them.
I can't find any css linked to that so i don't know how to change it.

The second problem is that i would want my category links to be for a category called "metin2" like this: site.com/metin2 instead of the basic site.com/category/metin2 .
I want to do this for SEO and usability purposes.

The last thing is that i don't know how to make the little image tick that appears next to the current category appear next to the item in a custom created menu when i am on one of the pages.
It seems it uses the class="method_sort".

Thanks

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I cannot find how to change the background color of the top menu buttons when you hover over them
It is this part
Code:
#navigation li a:hover {
    color: #2b567f;
    background: #ddd url(img/bg9.png) bottom left repeat-x;
    background: #fff url(img/bg8.png)  top left repeat-x;
    background: #369;
    border-radius: 5px;
    color:#fff;
    border: 0px solid #fff;
    text-shadow: -1px -1px 2px #000;
}
Add this to ur user.css ( example white hover )
Code:
#navigation li a:hover {
    background: #fff;
}
The second problem is that i would want my category links to be for a category called "metin2" like this: site.com/metin2 instead of the basic site.com/category/metin2 .
I want to do this for SEO and usability purposes.
Not possible sir, htaccess / mod_rewrite needs a identifer so it can tell e.g site.com/join apart from site.com/metin2

The last thing is that i don't know how to make the little image tick that appears next to the current category appear next to the item in a custom created menu when i am on one of the pages.
It seems it uses the class="method_sort".
This is possible with jquery, where we have that tick, its written into the core. But to tell you what jquery code you have to use, i need to actually see your site and need to know about what link / menu we are talking

eupaulzaza

Thanks a lot for the answer Basti.

My website is http://xprivateservers.com/

Right now i have another problem:

I get the following notices when i add a new site to the list:
Notice: Undefined index: banner_url in /home2/paul/public_html/xprivateservers.com/sources/misc/classes.php on line 161

Notice: Undefined index: banner_url in /home2/paul/public_html/xprivateservers.com/sources/misc/classes.php on line 162

I
made a standard banner for the servers that don't supply one and it works just fine but i like to get rid of this notice for a better user experience.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Seem you got rid of it. so as for the tick, this should work

in wrapper.html below
Code:
$(function() {
Code:
        $('ul.menu-2 li a').each(function() {
            var current_url = window.location.href;
            if($(this).attr('href') == current_url) {
                $(this).parent().append('<span class="method_sort"> </span>');