stop forum spam plugin

nootkan

License Active
where can I find the link to the stop forum spam site so I can get the free api key? I have a bot already spamming my registration page and the blacklist global/exact options aren't working.

Update: I found it here: http://www.stopforumspam.com/signup

Last edited:

nootkan

License Active
I've enabled the stop forum spam plugin and pasted in my api but I am getting this error when trying to save settings:
Fatal error: Database error in "/home/username/public_html/topsites/sources/admin/settings.php(799) : eval()'d code" on line 3

Unknown column 'stopspam_api_key' in 'field list' in /home/username/public_html/topsites/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89
Any ideas?

nootkan

License Active
As soon as I deleted the plugin and re-uploaded then clicked the install button in the plugins options on the admin page my errors went away.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Yes your error was a result if the plugin not being installed into the database.

nootkan

License Active
So should I have to click the install button for all the other plugins that come with the install?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
No, when you installed VL, the default plugins where installed automatic.
When you upload a new plugin, it gets installed when you upload through the admin interface. When doing it manually via ftp though, you have to click the install icon ( if required, else no install icon )