Spanish translation

Miguel

Hello, I am working in the translation to the Spanish of script and I would like to know if I can (of some form) include “charset=UTF-8” in the file of language for the accents in Spanish or must use

Thanks!

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Miguel.
No charset setting is needed in the file itself. Just write it down like in english.php and save the file as utf-8 without BOM.
The script has the charset set allredy to utf-8

However if you just downloaded 0.7 beta you will need to remove the following from index.php (which is most likely the reason why you dont see the accents correctly ) . In 0.7 final this is also removed, so you dont need to apply it again.
Code:
// Convert previously wrong encoded LNG vars
function icon_convert(&$item1, $key, $prefix)
{
    $item1 = iconv("cp1251", "UTF-8", $item1);
}
array_walk($LNG, 'icon_convert', $LNG);

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Your welcome :)
If you could share it, we would highly appreciate that

Djscusa

@Miguel, are you going to realease it soon? I'm spanish too, so if you need help with the translation, I could give you a hand

k_graham

I see the last response was from 2014 and no reply 6 years ago - may I take it there is no Spanish translation available. Thanks

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I see the last response was from 2014 and no reply 6 years ago - may I take it there is no Spanish translation available. Thanks
unfortunately, it does not appear a translation was ever contributed

k_graham

Hi Mark;
I see opening French.php using Note++ via Ninite.com, a language has 821 text items to change, however probably a majority are for administrative purposes, are the ones for final users a specific number range that I could concentrate on. Hopefully that will reduce the translation via 50 to 90%.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect that many of those 821 items may not even be in use. Over 15+ years there is bound to be some phrases that have been removed from the script but not the language translation. I would recommend starting with English as we know its up to date.