Working On It Social Booster Plugin

top50servers

I know a few sites do this, but I don't know how easy this would be to implement on a mass download scale that is Visiolist.

User signs up, is presented with the option that if he/she likes the Facebook page and/or Follows the Twitter they can have a week of premium free. The best way I can think to do of controlling this is that once they have liked or followed on there account, it is labeled as 'Done' and even if they try to re-like the page there account has already done so. No repeats.

I don't know how hard this would be to implement but with Social Media becoming a big part of how sites grow this would be a VERY useful feature.

Anna

I second this! I do it allready - so a helpful plugin would be lovely! :) Would add that it would be nice to be able to add other features here as well to track: Added banner, added linkcode, affiliate membership etc And maybe an email function (that you can turn off and on) whenever someone is doing this so you do not have go in and look every other day....

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I second this! I do it allready - so a helpful plugin would be lovely! :) Would add that it would be nice to be able to add other features here as well to track: Added banner, added linkcode, affiliate membership etc And maybe an email function (that you can turn off and on) whenever someone is doing this so you do not have go in and look every other day....
You bring up an interesting point, back when VisioList was in initial development, I wanted to include a "profile score" in teh userCP that plugins could hook into, when a user hits 80%,100% they could be rewarded in different ways.

So with this: when they have liked on twitter or facebook, and added a banner, and posted 1 guest blog, they are rewarded with X premium days. Something to think about, that feature was basically removed as it was not being used... perhaps it would make sense not to kill it off so quickly :)

cajkan

Yeah, this feature looks great.

About the profile score, i had another idea - something like bigger award system.
Where users can recieve more rewards, like extra icons, ads, premiums etc...
If you plan to start working on this i would give lots of great ideas and suggestions.

top50servers

I feel the guest blog would result in alot of spam posts in return for free premium days.. Might be an issue in an automated system. Other then that I love the idea of a 'credit' system.

I would love this right now but as you said time is the only issue. Having something like this would put Visiolist way above the rest though!

Anna

I see your point top50 - but on the other hand I believe to have faith in the community! If someone is stupid enough to abuse something like this make sure they know they will be banned or just simpler - make sure that ALL posts are previewed by admin. And tbh I saw it the other way around: If you by premium you get the right to post a guest post. But I might have misunderstood.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
make sure that ALL posts are previewed by admin
Exactly, the blog plugin will not even allow automated posts or even edits, as that could cause a lot of potential harm to your site.

mucka_tbfm

Mucka Jay
Wow... I would love this (apart from the guest blog as we do not need it). Liking social sites in exchange for days would be fantastic though!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
nope, all my time has been consumed day to day support and development of new core features. This feature while nice, is still just an extension and as such is the lowest item on the priority list.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for bumping this up, sorry this slipped through the cracks. I will surface this request closer to the top of the todo list :)