Show values in search results

Daegaladh

Some values, like {$unq_in_0_monthly}, {$unq_out_0_monthly} and custom values are not displayed in search results.
How can I achieve that?

Thanks.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
I think ill make the search more like the rankings in some way, for now please open sources/search.php

Code:
    $query = "SELECT sites.username, url, title, description, banner_url, category {$extra_columns} FROM {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_sites sites, {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_stats stats WHERE active = 1 AND sites.username = stats.username AND (";
Change that to the following, so it grabs all values
Code:
    $query = "SELECT * {$extra_columns} FROM {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_sites sites, {$CONF['sql_prefix']}_stats stats WHERE active = 1 AND sites.username = stats.username AND (";
Now, we have a hook in search, so plugins could hook into that, but honestly, i think the hook should be the same one used for the rankings, if this change actually go in next version i dont know, but for me it makes a bit sense

Code:
      eval (PluginManager::getPluginManager ()->pluginHooks ('search_search_result'));
Change that to the following, so search have automatical all the stuff added to the ranking rows via a plugin. This way, dont need to update all the plugins
Code:
        eval (PluginManager::getPluginManager ()->pluginHooks ('rankings_compile_stats'));
For me, personally i would make the hole search style and function like the rankings, like use the table_top_row and table_row files automatical instead, so we have less files to worry about. On the other hand this removes some styling possibilities. We will see.

** These edits from above, might or might not go in the next version, ill discuss this with Mark. If they will not, we need to convert this later on into plugins. But for now, this will do

Daegaladh

Tausend Dank! And yeah I also think the search should work like the rankings, but I would keep the skin part in different files.