Screenshot Server Maintenance

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
The screenshot server is offline at the moment while I upgrade router that box is on. I expect we should be back online within 1 hour.

thanks for your understanding

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
The screenshot server will be offline for 3-5 business days while a new router is provisioned.

This particular server is not in a datacenter yet, so I need to ship in replacement parts when they are not available locally. Sorry for any inconvenience, of course your old screenshots will continue to work as they are copied locally to your server, but you wont be able to generate new screenshots until we get the new router. Thanks for your patience.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I am rebooting the screenshot server now, should be online within 5 minutes and be rendering as normal.

cajkan

Somethings wrong with screenshots they dont generate SS, error 500 appeared. after few reloads only blank page appears, tryed more reloads still same.

cajkan

try to reload few times, sometimes i get blackscreenshots and error 500 but after few reloads works fine

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Screenshots is a very expensive and much to manage service. Mark is not yet online, please stand by. Most likely he havent approved your new key also

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Micheal, your Visiolist installation is extremely out of date, the screenshot system has been greatly improved in recent versions, please upgrade to 0.9 and use your original API key and your frustration will be greatly reduced :)

I thought that might have been the problem but upgrading will overwrite a lot of files I changed with workarounds. So I'd rather avoid that.

I also don't have the old API key now as I put in the new one.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
You need to reconsider your stance on upgrading, its not safe to run out of date software... not to mention your missing out on a LOT of improvements. Furthermore you should not have modified any PHP files, that is what plugins are for ;) I will activate and email you a new API key since you didnt keep a copy the working one, check your inbox in a few minutes.

Thanks. I've found some notes in a textpad on the changes I made right at the start and a testing folder with the files I made a few tweaks on.

I spent a lot of time making the little changes I wanted, some of it with your help, but most by trial and error.

I skipped a few upgrades and was just waiting for something special.

Reading other people's problems with upgrading to the latest version doesn't really inspire me though.