RoadMap

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
A quick overview of the main items on the todo list (this list will be updated as work is completed and created):

alpha 2 Release - ETA March 20

- Installer UI and upgrader
- User_CP UI
- VisioList Screenshot API cleanup
- Zero Tolerance Spam Protection
- Menu Manager UI

Alpha 2.5 Release - ETA March 30 April 22

- Admin UI for button settings
- Admin UI for plugins
- user_cp calculations & settings so plugins can tap into these progress bars
- User_CP UI
- Graph/Chart plugin for stats page
- Admin login detection

Alpha 3 Release - ETA April 28

- Language abstraction in core (plugins to follow)

- PHP code validation & optimizations
- Default Style complete

For those who have already purchased VisioList or considering purchasing, a reminder that your annual "members area access" will not "officially" start until the Fully Tested Version 1 made is available. This way you can access the latest files now, and have a role in the development of VisioList.

Other Features underway but will not be included in version 1:

Style Manager
- edit templates
- draggable blocks?
- Easy Style Manager (ie css color tweaks, logo upload etc)?

Comment System (available as plugin like facebook and disqus options)
- Comment Replies
- Gravatar, facebook?, twitter? authentication

Other plugins will be developed independent of changes made to the core script.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
absolutely, I expect to have it available for download by the end of the day today.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
just wanted to let you know I am still working on the upgrader. I am testing it now on another list, if all goes as planned I'll be able to post the upgrader shortly after.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Alright you should be able to download the updated Alpha2 bundle from swreg now.

Boardhopper

Sweet, Alpha 3 tomorrow. Thank you.

Curious, do you have an date in mind where this will be stable enough for me to go live? I'm trying to plan a few things for my topsite.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
A few weeks ago I would have thought a release candidate would be ready by now to be honest.. Its hard to say but my best guess at this point is middle of May depending on how bug reports/fixing goes.

Anna

OK, fingers crossed that May it is - let us know if you need any help with anythiing (although I am a total noob really).

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Good bug reports are always helpful at this stage, and if there is anything unclear that you would like to see covered in the documentation let me know that as well.