[Resolved] Need Help With Link Code For Members

nootkan

License Active
I can't seem to find any documentation on how to set up the link code for members when they first join and sign in to their user control panel.

After they join the redirect is to a blank page but when I login to admin I see the new account and can activate it.

Then when I try to login and get the link code from the users control panel all I get is a blank page. What am I missing?

I found tools>>manage banners but not sure what to place inside this area or if this is the right place.

I've also looked through all my logs to see why there is a blank page in firefox and a 500 error in chrome but there is nothing in the logs.

Last edited:

nootkan

License Active
okay I see that the manage banners is just for advertising on the site. So not relevant to my issue.

I also unchecked the require admin approval for new members to see if that helped. Still the same issue.

When a new member tries to sign up they are still not being redirected to the link code page to get the code required to place on their site.

They are seeing a blank page with the url of domain.com/topsites/join/

But they are being added to the members list inside admin.

I finally found these errors and it looks like a directory isn't being created as it should be:

[04-May-2021 12:20:57 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'DirectoryIterator::__construct(./images/extra/): failed to open dir: No such file or directory' in /home/username/public_html/topsites/sources/join.php:384
Stack trace:
#0 /home/username/public_html/topsites/sources/join.php(384): DirectoryIterator->__construct('./images/extra/')
#1 /home/username/public_html/topsites/sources/join.php(77): join->process()
#2 /home/username/public_html/topsites/index.php(418): join->__construct()
#3 {main}
thrown in /home/username/public_html/topsites/sources/join.php on line 384
Tried changing the path in join.php to
$dir = new DirectoryIterator('../images/extra/'); and then to $dir = new DirectoryIterator('../../images/extra/');
Still can't find the path

Checked my permissions for folder images/ it is 755 with proper owners permissions also username username

All my ranking images etc were uploaded to the images directory overwriting the default ones already in place and are showing under settings>>button settings just fine.

I created the "extra" folder under images and uploaded all the ranking buttons etc there and changed the url under settings>>button settings to reflect this and still not working.

Not sure what is happening here.

Last edited:

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
okay I see that the manage banners is just for advertising on the site. So not relevant to my issue.

I also unchecked the require admin approval for new members to see if that helped. Still the same issue.

When a new member tries to sign up they are still not being redirected to the link code page to get the code required to place on their site.

They are seeing a blank page with the url of domain.com/topsites/join/

But they are being added to the members list inside admin.

I finally found these errors and it looks like a directory isn't being created as it should be:

Tried changing the path in join.php to Still can't find the path

Checked my permissions for folder images/ it is 755 with proper owners permissions also username username

All my ranking images etc were uploaded to the images directory overwriting the default ones already in place and are showing under settings>>button settings just fine.

I created the "extra" folder under images and uploaded all the ranking buttons etc there and changed the url under settings>>button settings to reflect this and still not working.

Not sure what is happening here.
Yes, several users have found that with the last release the images/extra folder was missing. Once created, your link_code page should work just fine. Can you PM your URL so I can check?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, conversation is a private message. Sorry age old terminology, hard for me to change after all these years

nootkan

License Active
Okay this is weird...I just put back the extra folder inside the images folder and all is working fine now. I believe I am loosing my mind.

I guess I shouldn't have put the images inside the extra folder maybe?