Ranking as Latest Post

Anna

Would it be possible to rank sites after latest update they have done (via RSS-feeds I assume)?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Out of the head there is no easy way. At least not to handle via plugins i think. The plugin itself needs to store the rss dates in database ( only latest ).
Then you need to create new ranking settings. Maybe this could handled via many new hooks, gotto look closer after vl 0.9 is released

Anna

Meh :-( Well, I cant say that I am surprised.... But for me it would be a really cool feature since I having trouble getting to bring in votes/hitsIn other than clicking on their own pages.... Will look forward to your conclusions after 0.9!

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ah well, certainly it wouldnt increase hits in ( if you rank by that default ), same as when you rank by pageviews. Button could sit anywhere and they are still high on top if they release news a lot. Not to talk, that it could be easily be cheated by creating an rss feed which is not visible to the public and spamming it with new posts enabling the website owner to be always at the top.

But it still could be a nice extra feature which other lists dont have ( asuming its not your default method ) and if its easy to be integrated into a plugin, would allow many new type of ranking methods, which would bring in some new light into topsites

Anna

As said in other post - there isnt any other lists... And a rss-feed ranking would for me be a way of bringing people back again and again.