Problem with site

My site has ran perfect for months. I didn't do anything to it but install that premium pro plugin today which I doubt did whats listed below:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 32

Warning: mysql_set_charset() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/xxxxxc/public_html/xxxxxx/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 33

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, boolean given in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 34

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 48

Fatal error: Database error in "/home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxx/index.php" on line 60

in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxx/sources/sql/mysql.php on line 89

Lucky though I keep up to date back ups of every website I do. So all I did was upload it all again and it fixed it. But what caused this? Hackers?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Highly unlikely it was done by the plugin, it just adds a new setting column. Though really odd that all works again after the backup, may just be luck, but still odd.

If you install it again, does the same happen?
I guess it just a mysql outage though

Not sure. I just re uploaded the files. I was working on the site when it happened. So I just uploaded everything again. I since then moved to a main domain anyway last night. Just was wondering it someone might or could access the setting php file. Which I now know where to look for it instead of a whole site upload... sigh....