Not Feasible Premium only stats

Hostpro

VisioList Humanization Project
Hey,

I would like to request a plugin.

The plugin I am requesting would make it so that only premium listings have a viewable stats page.

Example - http://forumtopsites.net/?a=stats&u=Hostpro

If a site isn't premium then the page would just show a message like "Sorry only premium listings can have an insight of their stats, if this is your site then please upgrade to premium to view up to date detailed stats"

I hope I explained it well,

Thanks

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
that is no problem, but considering premium members are not permanent this will end up with a lot of 404's (or a bunch of pages with duplicate content ) in your Google search results which is not a good thing from an SEO standpoint.

Hostpro

VisioList Humanization Project
that is no problem, but considering premium members are not permanent this will end up with a lot of 404's (or a bunch of pages with duplicate content ) in your Google search results which is not a good thing from an SEO standpoint.
I'm not bothered about SEO because my top site is for forums. Nobody searches for top forums to join, all the traffic comes from advertising and none will ever come from search engines (maybe small amounts).

I don't see why this should create 404's because if they aren't premium and people try to view their stats by manually typing in the URL I would like to display the message posted above and not a 404 page not found.

Thanks,

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
right, my concern was if its not 404 then you have a bunch of pages with duplicate content. Imagine a list with 1000 members and 5 premium. 995 pages of duplicate content. SEO may not be important to you, but I'm sure it is to the rest of our users.

Because there is no mass appeal for this plugin, and its not something I feel adds benefit to the project, its not something I would want to invest time in as a free plugin for the community. Instead, you may consider creating your own plugin or hiring a coder to develop this custom feature for you (we would do this for $15). It's quite an easy undertaking to make this if your up for a small challenge.

Morus

www.votezone.eu , www.privateserversranking.com
It is a step backward for your ranking website adding that feature in my opinion. Who cares about statistics? I wouldnt bother to check it. I can go to main website and read the content of each forum myself. Also you have description on main page.