People can´t upload banner

fyndler

Hey, i got a email today from a member saying he could not upload his own banner. He only getting the error "error time out, try again" So i have to upload them manual myself. What could cause this issue?

Thanks

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
how big is the banner he is trying to upload?
what format is the banner?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
I have not seen this but I suspect the mpeg conversion might be the cause of this? Make sure that is disabled in your admin as it seems you server may not be configured properly for it.

fyndler

I have not seen this but I suspect the mpeg conversion might be the cause of this? Make sure that is disabled in your admin as it seems you server may not be configured properly for it.
lol cant even find it in settings. For sure i just missing it, but under what category is it?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to check your error log to see why, it sounds like an error is being produced when the banner is uploaded and that is killing the session. If you cant find your error log or your host is no help, start by using the unmodified default theme and all plugins disabled. Then start reintroducing plugins and your theme 1 at a time and test until you find the culprit.

fyndler

You will need to check your error log to see why, it sounds like an error is being produced when the banner is uploaded and that is killing the session. If you cant find your error log or your host is no help, start by using the unmodified default theme and all plugins disabled. Then start reintroducing plugins and your theme 1 at a time and test until you find the culprit.
Code:
[22-Jan-2021 02:31:23 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: error_recaptcha in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/in.php on line 101
[22-Jan-2021 06:06:14 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: error_recaptcha in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/in.php on line 101
[22-Jan-2021 08:25:17 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: error_recaptcha in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/in.php on line 101
[22-Jan-2021 09:10:41 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: error_recaptcha in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin.php on line 164
[22-Jan-2021 09:11:01 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: screenshot in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/edit.php on line 227
[22-Jan-2021 09:11:10 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: screenshot in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/edit.php on line 227
[22-Jan-2021 09:11:29 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: error_recaptcha in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/in.php on line 101
[22-Jan-2021 09:19:43 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: screenshot in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/edit.php on line 227
[22-Jan-2021 09:19:50 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: screenshot in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/edit.php on line 227
[22-Jan-2021 09:20:18 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/plugins/Callback): failed to open dir: No such file or directory' in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/plugins.php:262
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/plugins.php(262): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('/home/ckzdkhzu/...')
#1 /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin.php(112): plugins->__construct()
#2 /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/index.php(418): admin->__construct()
#3 {main}
  thrown in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/plugins.php on line 262
[22-Jan-2021 09:20:19 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/plugins/Callback): failed to open dir: No such file or directory' in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/plugins.php:262
Stack trace:
#0 /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/plugins.php(262): RecursiveDirectoryIterator->__construct('/home/ckzdkhzu/...')
#3 {main}
[22-Jan-2021 09:20:20 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/plugins/Callback): failed to open dir: No such file or directory' in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/plugins.php:262
Stack trace:
#3 {main}
[22-Jan-2021 09:20:20 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/plugins/Callback): failed to open dir: No such file or directory' in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/plugins.php:262
Stack trace:
#3 {main}
[22-Jan-2021 09:20:21 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/plugins/Callback): failed to open dir: No such file or directory' in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/plugins.php:262
Stack trace:
#3 {main}
[22-Jan-2021 09:20:21 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/plugins/Callback): failed to open dir: No such file or directory' in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/plugins.php:262
Stack trace:
#3 {main}
Stack trace:
#3 {main}
Stack trace:
#3 {main}
[22-Jan-2021 09:21:13 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: screenshot in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/edit.php on line 227
[22-Jan-2021 09:32:08 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: screenshot in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/edit.php on line 227
[22-Jan-2021 09:32:14 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: screenshot in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/edit.php on line 227
[22-Jan-2021 09:32:24 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: screenshot in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/admin/edit.php on line 227
[22-Jan-2021 10:03:38 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: meta_description in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/page.php on line 44
[22-Jan-2021 10:03:38 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: meta_keywords in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/page.php on line 45
[22-Jan-2021 10:03:42 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: meta_description in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/page.php on line 44
[22-Jan-2021 10:03:42 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: meta_keywords in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/page.php on line 45
[22-Jan-2021 10:03:54 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: meta_description in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/page.php on line 44
[22-Jan-2021 10:03:54 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: meta_keywords in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/page.php on line 45
[22-Jan-2021 10:03:56 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: meta_description in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/page.php on line 44
[22-Jan-2021 10:03:56 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: meta_keywords in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/page.php on line 45
[22-Jan-2021 10:13:15 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: error_recaptcha in /home/ckzdkhzu/public_html/sources/in.php on line 101

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Your theme appears to be using 10+ year old aardvark templates? I strongly recommend you use VisioList default template and build your child theme from that so you have all of the correct tags.

fyndler

Your theme appears to be using 10+ year old aardvark templates? I strongly recommend you use VisioList default template and build your child theme from that so you have all of the correct tags.
My theme is indeed from aadvark that me and Basti remade to suit my needs. Problem is we made this theme years ago and i can´t remember a shit more or less lol. And hi´s laptop broke so will be hard to get help anytime soon ^^

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
you are going to run into a lot of problems with this old theme, I highly recommend you use and modify the default theme until you get your custom theme ready for production use. Our default theme is very plain but there is also very little code so its MUCH easier to customize, not to mention its mobile ready and is fully compatible with current version of VisioList.