Option without banner

fyndler

Hey, is it possible to make so when people don´t choose a banner there will not be one? Cause now when people don´t include a banner the site is trying to put up a image wich make a small image error icon on the site next to the people website in the toplist. I know there is a option to include my own made banner for everyone that does not include one. But i would rather not have none at all to those who don´t include one

Sorry for my English

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
You would need a small plugin for that. If you can give me your code in use everywhere where you display a banner ( including the link surrounding the {$banner} tag, i can make one.

This link + tag would need to go into the plugin and replace by a new tag inside html

Please provide this format:
file_name.html ( e.g table_row.html )
html code inside code tags

Possible places where it might be ( some default, some possible if you added it )
gateway.html
table_row.html
table_row_premium.html
table_top_row.html
table_top_row_premium.html
search_result.html
stats.html

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
you could also upload a 1px X 1px transparent PNG image for your default banner.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
True, that is the easiest option, but with web vitals coming up, less elements the better. also dunno if a problem, but doesnt that count as invisible link? Or doesnt that matter internally?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
True, that is the easiest option, but with web vitals coming up, less elements the better. also dunno if a problem, but doesnt that count as invisible link? Or doesnt that matter internally?
Both are true, in "Best practice" its not ideal. But the real world impact should be minimal if a quick and dirty fix is all that is needed.