Numbered Ordered List Not Working

Karl

I am using the numbered ordered list on the text editor for the pages it shows the numbers in the admin area but when I go to the actual page it is not numered. any ideas on what could be causing this.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
This is most likely an css issue somewhere in tinyMCE output which hide list-styles like bullets and numbers. We will look into it

EDIT:: checked and confirmed its a issue with the parabola css file. By default we hide all list items, it should hide only those who are needed like the menu.

Will be fixed in next release and you will get a codefix soon

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
this is a result of the Yahoo browser reset CSS at the very top of screen.css, this hides all list items because browser alignment in IE,Chrome,Firefox,Safari is all different. Most developers favor using a background image instead of list-style property for list items.

Code:
html{color:#000;    background: #f4f4f4;}body,div,dl,dt,dd,ul,ol,li,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,pre,code,form,fieldset,legend,input,button,textarea,p,blockquote,th,td{margin:0;padding:0;}table{border-collapse:collapse;border-spacing:0;}fieldset,img{border:0;}address,caption,cite,code,dfn,em,strong,th,var,optgroup{font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;}del,ins{text-decoration:none;}li{list-style:none;}caption,th{text-align:left;}h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6{font-size:100%;font-weight:normal;}q:before,q:after{content:'';}abbr,acronym{border:0;font-variant:normal;}sup{vertical-align:baseline;}sub{vertical-align:baseline;}legend{color:#000;}input,button,textarea,select,optgroup,option{font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;}input,button,textarea,select{*font-size:100%;}body{font:13px/1.231 arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;*font-size:small;*font:x-small;}select,input,button,textarea,button{font:99% arial,helvetica,clean,sans-serif;}table{font-size:inherit;font:100%;}pre,code,kbd,samp,tt{font-family:monospace;*font-size:108%;line-height:100%;}
remove this:
li{list-style:none;}

after removing this though, you might want to specify what list items you do not want to show list-style for.

for example:
Code:
ul.category_menu li {
list-style:none; }

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Mark and me talked about this issue. We keep the css as it is for displaying issues across browsers.

Easy fix for your issue.
When you make the list in the editor it display like
1. text
2. test text

simply make it
1. 1. text
2. 2. test text

That way you have what you want and everything stays browser compatible

Karl

Thanks for you help Mark and Basti for now I will run with Bastis suggestion for now.