New templates for vote banners.

pauline

Hi All,

I'm having a lot of trouble working out how to add banners to the link code page for members. In 1.2 we had the extra code plugin which was pretty easy to work out eventually in my case lol. with 1.3 version I know I have the extra link,, static banner etc with their own template, but when I added one image to link_code extra file where it says {banner _name} the banner shows about 7 of the same banner on the link code page. I know this something I just don't understand and not a problem with the script.

Could someone please help me understand how this works. Do I need a different html file for each image or do I add all the images as in copying the code for the first image and adding it to the link_code file like I did with the extra link code plugin in 1.2.

And sorry Basti, I'm having trouble adding my dynamic button to the link code page. I converted my image to png and added it to settings_button.php but it's not showing again. I did read the post where you explained why it didn't work the last time and I followed your instructions because I didn't want to bother you with this issue again but I'm not having any luck with it. Again I know it's something I missed and I worked on it for a couple of hours last and checked other post before I bothered you.

Thank You again,

Pauline

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Ill have a look at the dynamic button later ;)

As for the extra link codes, it is still the same as in 1.2 , any extra static buttons you upload to images/extra/

These new html files are just so you could edit the html, so lets say each extra button shall have some extra in the code itself e.g
Code:
<!-- my topsite vote starts -->
the vote code
<!-- my topsite vote end -->
Then you would edit link_code_type_extra.html, so each of your extra buttons gets this edit

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Regaring dynamic button, you have {$CONF['path']}/images/ltem5.png in the file, but that image not exist in the site.com/images/ folder.

pauline

OK Thanks Basti,

I knew it was something I missed, I should know better not to work at night...getting too old for that:)

pauline

Just dropping in to say thank you to Mark and Basti for the help over the last week or so. I have all the banners on my link code page working. My site is now again ready to launch.