Menu Manager

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
New with VisioList is the exciting new built in "Menu Manager". Here is a quick overview.

Now you can create menu "blocks" which can be added to any template with a single tag.

Individually style each menu using simple CSS

When creating a custom page, your menu link will be generated at the same time! Clean URL's are detected automatically.

Drag and drop the order of your menu items

create as little or as many menus as you need.

Add, edit, delete menus and menu items... all from the VisioList admin panel.

Attachments

Karl

This does not seem to be working as I have added some new pages and menus and it is not displaying as depicted here.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
did you add the provided tag to your wrapper? for example: {$menu-1} or are you not seeing the menu manager properly in the admin? What exactly is not working for you?

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
that looks correct to me, you have a menu set called "main" and when you hit go you should see the items in that menu. IF there are no items, click on the "create new menu item" tab and add some (this can also be done when creating custom pages)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
The user interface for this part is something I was not really happy with, so if it turns out to be confusing for user I am ready to work on simplifying it. Honest feedback and ideas for improvement are appreciated.

Karl

I think I have it figured out it is just that when I do not see what I am expecting to see straight away I assume that it is not working or there is a problem.

CraigKoz

I would actually like to have it made alittle simplified.... It took me about 20 minutes to get a new link to work in the menu after trial and error

Thanks

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
thanks for the feedback, I am open to suggestions to simplify this without losing functionality, what was the most confusing part for you? Any specific ideas how to make it easier? as I said I am not really happy with the interface of this menu manager, but it is functional and seems quite robust once understood. I thought including a pre-populated menu (header) would illustrate how things generally work but it seems less than ideal now.

CraigKoz

Honestly not to sure on how to make it simpler , i think once I get used to how to set it all up it will be great.... maybe just having some kind of tutorial would work fine

Karl

It can take a bit of getting used to but once you get the hang of it it is actualy very easy to use and as CraigKoz mentioned I would probably be easier to have a tutorial.

Anna

Thought I toss in a question relating to menu managing: How on Earth to I add a html-code to a document? When I paste it in the editor it works just fine and I can see the end-result clearly. But, when I then go to the created page - the only thing I see is the code itself :-(

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
At this time individual classes are not supported
they actually are supported, the first box is for the URL path, the second box is for the anchor text, and the third box is for additional attributes like rel="nofollow" target="_blank" and class="something" :) I will work on documenting this asap so its clearer.