'#\[url=([^\[]*?)\](.*?)\[/url\]#e',
and
Code:
    'handle_url_tag(\'$1\')',
    'handle_url_tag(\'$1\', \'$2\')',
So the script not looks for a missing function

Thanks allot, that did the trick :)

blacklevel

Im getting this error when a link is added to the long description and I click on the sites details page then this comes up below. Any ideas, thanks

Fatal error
: Call to undefined function handle_url_tag() in/home/battlefieldclans/public_html/sources/details.php(162) : eval()'d code(32) : regexp codeon line1
I have the same problem.. Fatal error: Call to undefined function handle_url_tag() in /home/classmoneynet/public_html/my-site/sources/details.php(162) : eval()'d code(80) : regexp code on line 1

blacklevel

hmm we should disable that URL function, you probably don't want people adding links to your long descriptions as this will undoubtedly lead to spam.

This is the ugly function that was used (adapted from punBB) back when this plugin was originally created, but I would rather remove the URL linking button from the editor rather than integrate it.

Code:
function handle_url_tag($url, $link = '')
{

$full_url = str_replace(array(' ', '\'', '`', '"'), array('%20', '', '', ''), $url);
if (strpos($url, 'www.') === 0) // If it starts with www, we add http://
$full_url = 'http://'.$full_url;

// Ok, not very pretty :)
$link = ($link == '' || $link == $url) ? ((strlen($url) > 55) ? substr($url, 0 , 39).' … '.substr($url, -10) : $url) : stripslashes($link);

return '<a href="'.$full_url.'">'.$link.'</a>';
}
This code works perfect!

lcssurf

Hello guys, I'm having this error. I already tried change preg_replace to preg_replace_callback, but the error keep showing...
Someone can help me?
Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in C:\xampp\htdocs\topsite\sources\details.php(232) : eval()'d code on line 27
Ps: I have only found the "preg_replace" in the Snoopy.class.inc, not at details.php....

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Hello guys, I'm having this error. I already tried change preg_replace to preg_replace_callback, but the error keep showing...
Someone can help me?

Ps: I have only found the "preg_replace" in the Snoopy.class.inc, not at details.php....
Hey thanks for the report. I have updated the plugin with a fix and more code cleanup/css fixes.
Please reupload the plugin and take a look over the install instructions again, they got updated cause VL 1.6+ requires this new setup

Let me know if you have any issues

lcssurf

Sorry Guys, I'm stil having errors... But now is diferent...
Notice: Undefined index: long_description in C:\xampp\htdocs\topsite\sources\details.php(232) : eval()'d code on line 2
Ps: in site, where is the stats page?

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Which Visiolist version are you using?
Did you actually installed the plugin?
- if you upload via ftp, you still need to visit admin panel -> plugins -> click the install icon beside this plugin ( its suggested to use the plugin upload feature in admin so it installs automatical )

This error sounds like you uploaded via ftp

Ps: in site, where is the stats page?
Not sure what you mean with this. You added the tag to the details/stats page, stats.html of your skin

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
How did you get font in there? font is not supported and might break color code

legendz

AcemanWolf
How did you get font in there? font is not supported and might break color code
I just added the plugin and followed the direction. I added some words and click submit.
Screenshot (36).png

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Thats odd, its like its inserted by default then, which should not happen.
Ill have a look over the weekend, please disable the plugin until then

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I just copied and pasted from my website to the editor window.
That'll do it. the editor will try to preserve formatting, fonts etc of pasted text.

Its been years since I've looked at this plugin but there may be an option in the editors javascript to disable this.

legendz

AcemanWolf
That'll do it. the editor will try to preserve formatting, fonts etc of pasted text.

Its been years since I've looked at this plugin but there may be an option in the editors javascript to disable this.
Let me know how when you find out. Thanks.