Linking Custom Page to Category

blueskydata

License Active
Hi,

I am completely lost as to how I can link a custom page to a category. I have tried different ways but the custom page does not show just the default page.
Is there a tutorial on this please. I have gone through this forum but can not find any help pertaining to this linking.
Thank you in advance.

Cheers
Jenny

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Custom pages are just stand alone pages, like an about us or other type of page. I’m not sure what you mean by link to a category, but there is no categories for pages. Maybe provide an example of what exactly you are trying to do?

blueskydata

License Active
Ok attached is a screenshot. Categorys on the left.
I have created a sub category called test. I have a custom page called test5.
I wish to be able to click on the Test sub Category to open the custom page test5
-----------------------------
If I cant do this. How can I make the custom pages viewable please.

Attachments

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
that is not at all how that works, categories are ranking categories. Custom pages have nothing to do with categories or rankings, they are for static content only.

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
If I cant do this. How can I make the custom pages viewable please.
they are already viewable by default, just click on the link from the “manage custom pages” in the admin panel. If you want to link to a custom page just add the HTML link to your wrapper.html template.

blueskydata

License Active
Thank you. I understand now.
I have now worked out how to add a custom page for our users to view.

For anyone else a bit slow like me from downunder :rolleyes: I will complete this topic with instructions.

Create the custom page under 'Content - Create Custom page'
When done, Copy the 'Menu Path' and down bottom, 'Create Custom page'.
I have found once I have Clicked on Create Custom Page, I am unable to go back and find the url path. So copy 'Menu Path' before clicking on 'Create Custom Page'.

Go to Content - Manage Menus.
Create New Menu Item
Paste the path to your new page into the 'URL Path' and give the 'Link txt' a name.
Click Save.
This will add another item to your menu across the top for your visitors to click on sending them off to your new custom page.

I hope this will be useful for others and many thanks for your help and patience Mark :)

Cheers
Jenny