How to edit the main page keywords and description

clixcity

License Active
How do I edit the Meta keywords and description on my main page?

I see a way to add this info to categories but not to the main page of my site..

Help please? :D

Screenshot from 2020-07-25 11-36-18.png

The reason I ask is because in the code it looks like it is being called from somewhere...

Screenshot from 2020-07-25 13-11-19.png

I don't want to edit it manually in wrapper.html if it is something I can edit in the admin settings that I am just not seeing. I also don't want to mess with the Meta descriptions and keywords that I have set up for individual categories. Something tells me that if there is duplicate meta data on my site that search engines will get confused or not like/list my site.

Thank for your help...

Last edited:

clixcity

License Active
Okay Cool!! That worked AWESOME~!!

Now I have a question about the SEO plugin...

In the plugin description it says, "Future release will create dynamic keyword and descriptions for most pages based on the page content."

Any ideas when that will happen? Because that sounds dynamically awesome! :cool: Like, in a monumentally stellar way dood!

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
In the plugin description it says, "Future release will create dynamic keyword and descriptions for most pages based on the page content."
No idea, sorry. That is and always was pretty low on the list since the main page and categories are what gets the most focus

Is there a way to add sub categories?
Nope, not at this point. Defenetly possible in a future release though.
I just made something similar for a customer, which is kind of sub categories, though hardcoded. which you can dynamicly add via "edit category" and supply slug, title, description for them. Its a hardcode "type" and "version" as sub categories. To include that into VL though, needs some more dynamic management so people can define multiple things.
That would be something interesting for the future, but at the moments, payments are in the work and need to be properly tested for 1.9