Generate screenshot on register / edit url

Daegaladh

I wanna make a little plugin or source mod to generate the screenshot on registration or when the url is modified, but I'm not sure how.
I'm also thinking on a way to delete the old screenshots when the url changes or the the site is deleted
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
This has been on the list for a long time, I am working on it now and will post back here as things unfold.

Basti

Administrator
Staff member
Registration has this feature already, you just have to generate the "request" in your admin panel ( check the little orange boxes after login )
Not a good idea to have the screenshot generate right on when he clicks register, can cause quite a lot of delay and wait time for the user + a possible fail of the insert in case of errors ( rare but who knows )

Deletion old screen / new url request
Not possible unless we add in a extra query in proccess form function before data is updated, as we need the old url. No biggy really, but means we cant post the plugin update before vl 1.5 and you need to make these edits manually

Also cant simply add the request/delete simply in user edit anywhere. Need to take care of the approove edited members function. If that is on, we not want this stuff to happen in edit member, but on the admin side

Admin edit also need that extra query and then simply delete old and make request for new

Just few things to look out for

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
So I have the new screenshot on register working, it does cause about a 1 sec delay after the submit button is hit and includes a 1 second timeout incase of errors but it seems fast enough. We could probably do this behind the scenes to make it faster but I dont think its worth it at this point (maybe later).

Delete old screenshot on deletion of account is also working (as Basti mentioned above we must add 1 line to source code until 1.5 comes with this query)

User edit I am not going to worry about, admin can render a new screenshot when he approves the edit. OR the user can submit a request for new screenshot via their control panel, I think that functionality is good enough.

I will run through a few more tests with longer URL's and make sure I didnt miss anything, then I will post the changes here for your testing, if it all goes well we will roll these changes into the 1.5 release (perhaps with option to disable screenshot on signup).

Last edited: